This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Uncharted 4 look better than any max settings PC game out?

#1spicyitalian739Posted 6/10/2014 3:07:44 AM(edited)
When I initially saw Sony's conference I brushed it off as a CGI trailer, but then I saw on NeoGaf that it was confirmed to be 60 FPS and in-engine as opposed to pre-rendered CGI.

I can pretty much demolish any game out right now on my PC in 2556x1440 and this still wowed me. How is this possible on a PS4? I have a PS4 and nothing looks CLOSE to this that's out right now. The Witcher 2, Crysis 3, and every other "graphics showcase" game I've been playing on max settings on my PC doesn't wow me like this. Seriously, check out the uncompressed trailer in 60 FPS. Is the PS4 a secret quantum computer? I spent $3k to build my PC and still a $400 little black box does this...

http://nd.images.s3.amazonaws.com/video/U4-E3-Teaser-FINAL-Online-HQ-5994_H266_gamersyde-update.mp4

20 years until we play this game in an emulator confirmed.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#2koichiPosted 6/10/2014 3:07:44 AM
No, its just actually optimized, something pc developers dont ******* know how to do anymore.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#3DisastersaurusPosted 6/10/2014 3:07:46 AM
The game won't look like that. You can quote me on this next year when it comes out. Even if it's "in-engine", in-engine cutscenes can still look much better than gameplay (Starcraft 2 is very fond of this tactic).

The game won't look that good. I'll bet money on it. The PS4 isn't capable of it. That's a cutscene.
---
video games are for children
#4romsnbombsPosted 6/10/2014 3:10:01 AM
Yeah, in engine on PC that is.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67-M Pro | 8GB
#5spicyitalian739(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 3:11:52 AM
Disastersaurus posted...
The game won't look like that. You can quote me on this next year when it comes out. Even if it's "in-engine", in-engine cutscenes can still look much better than gameplay (Starcraft 2 is very fond of this tactic).

The game won't look that good. I'll bet money on it. The PS4 isn't capable of it. That's a cutscene.

The thing is, I've played all the old Uncharted games on PS3 and the transition from cutscene to gameplay is seamless. Also, after playing the Last of Us on PS3, I have no doubts in my mind that what we see will be representative of the game that gets released. Is it just that Naughty Dog's artists are THAT much better that they create the illusion of photorealism better than anybody else?

Did you see those facial muscle movements? How about the water? If you look at the water, it's clearly in-game water.
---
#6DroneCrusherPosted 6/10/2014 3:14:16 AM
This is why I parted out my gaming PC and bought a PS4. I'm never gonna build a PC over about $700 or $800 again.

PS4 is so far ahead of PC right now its not even funny.
#7Master_BassPosted 6/10/2014 3:16:05 AM
I'm sure it'll look great at 800x600. I kid, I kid. That did look nice, but I also highly doubt the final product will look that good in game.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#8romsnbombsPosted 6/10/2014 3:17:09 AM
DroneCrusher posted...

Yeah, that's why it's running a game like watchdogs at 1600x900 @ 30 fps.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67-M Pro | 8GB
#9spicyitalian739(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 3:23:05 AM
DroneCrusher posted...
This is why I parted out my gaming PC and bought a PS4. I'm never gonna build a PC over about $700 or $800 again.

You're conflating two different issues. Try Skyrim with mods on a system like mine and compare to consoles. I think Uncharted 4 is a testament to Naughty Dog's talent that they're able to transcend the power gap between a $400 console and a $3000 PC. The new consoles are basically PCs, so it has to be in the talent of the company. If you look at every other "next-gen" console game, they all look like boring garbage compared to this, or The Witcher 3 on PC. Honestly, between Naughty Dog and CD Projekt Red, everybody else looks like a bunch of bush league punks.

Having said that, I can't get over the realism of that character model for Drake. It's just so fluid and natural looking.
---
#10DisastersaurusPosted 6/10/2014 3:25:24 AM
spicyitalian739 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...

The thing is, I've played all the old Uncharted games on PS3 and the transition from cutscene to gameplay is seamless. Also, after playing the Last of Us on PS3, I have no doubts in my mind that what we see will be representative of the game that gets released. Is it just that Naughty Dog's artists are THAT much better that they create the illusion of photorealism better than anybody else?

Did you see those facial muscle movements? How about the water? If you look at the water, it's clearly in-game water.

The Last of Us looked nowhere near that good.

Those movements you're talking about just support my point. Again, it might be an in-engine cutscene, but gameplay won't look that good. In a cutscene, they're in control of the camera; they can stress the graphics more because they don't have to deal with the player looking around and messing stuff up. Then they go lighter during actual gameplay so it doesn't drop the framerate.

Gameplay will be 30 FPS, probably 900p, and not look that good. Again, feel free to quote me a year from now.
---
video games are for children