This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Uncharted 4 look better than any max settings PC game out?

#91OreoBoy206Posted 6/10/2014 12:08:13 PM(edited)
It could possibly be in-engine graphics but there's a difference between in-engine and in-game graphics.. Usually cut scenes that use in-engine graphics make use of better Anti-aliasing, lighting, shadowing and possibly better textures when compared to what it looks like when you're actually controlling the game.
#92runromPosted 6/10/2014 12:10:23 PM
Monkeymage posted...
spicyitalian739 posted...
When I initially saw Sony's conference I brushed it off as a CGI trailer, but then I saw on NeoGaf that it was confirmed to be 60 FPS and in-engine as opposed to pre-rendered CGI.

"Confirmed by some guy on a forum".

Great source.

Didn't you know that everyone on NeoGaf thinks they have are a gaming industry insider just because they post in the same forum as game developers do?
---
MBP 2009 | i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz | AMD 7870 | PS Vita | Nintendo 3DS | HP Touchpad
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#93RadarPosted 6/10/2014 12:10:23 PM
koichi posted...
No, its just actually optimized, something pc developers dont ******* know how to do anymore.

This. Run a patched and modded Skyrim and you can see how awesome PC games can look.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#94shaky_handsPosted 6/10/2014 12:43:38 PM(edited)
A PS4 or Xbox1 is a computer that plays video games on a television monitor. Consoles are affordable computers, I don't understand why some don't get that. Home Desktops are just way more customizable and sometimes worse than consoles. They have the capability, however, of being way better than consoles. They. Are. All. COMPUTERS!!! lol
#95YumeOMiruPosted 6/10/2014 1:03:35 PM
koichi posted...
No, its just actually very very optimized, a lot of effort have gone into it, something pc developers dont ******* know how to do anymore.

Added a few words, but yes.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#96paramite12Posted 6/10/2014 2:27:40 PM
shaky_hands posted...
A PS4 or Xbox1 is a computer that plays video games on a television monitor. Consoles are affordable computers, I don't understand why some don't get that. Home Desktops are just way more customizable and sometimes worse than consoles. They have the capability, however, of being way better than consoles. They. Are. All. COMPUTERS!!! lol

Exactly. Reading the stupidity in this topic almost gave me an aneurism. Any game on a console can look better on a high end PC just like any game on a ps4 will look better than a ps3.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#97MUD VIPERPosted 6/10/2014 4:05:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#98ShebeskiiPosted 6/10/2014 4:31:26 PM(edited)
spicyitalian739 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
The game won't look like that. You can quote me on this next year when it comes out. Even if it's "in-engine", in-engine cutscenes can still look much better than gameplay (Starcraft 2 is very fond of this tactic).

The game won't look that good. I'll bet money on it. The PS4 isn't capable of it. That's a cutscene.

The thing is, I've played all the old Uncharted games on PS3 and the transition from cutscene to gameplay is seamless. Also, after playing the Last of Us on PS3, I have no doubts in my mind that what we see will be representative of the game that gets released. Is it just that Naughty Dog's artists are THAT much better that they create the illusion of photorealism better than anybody else?

Did you see those facial muscle movements? How about the water? If you look at the water, it's clearly in-game water.

The point is Uncharted 2 and 3 had serious doctoring going on for pre release footage. They were both rendered on "a farm" of PS3s. The final release was incredibly toned down compared to pre release footage.

This is what Naughty Dog does. This is their way of advertisement.

Don't believe it for a second.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#99Sipher360Posted 6/10/2014 6:36:07 PM
^^^^That's true, but they were still some pretty nice looking games, though. Not as nice as the trailers, perhaps, but damn good looking indeed. Especially 2 for its time.
---
"Now senators are getting high....and your plan against the ghetto back-fired..."--Ice Cube
#100spicyitalian739(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 10:20:28 PM
Stealthlys is such a bad troll he got modded. If you're going to troll, be less obvious about it brah. I wasn't saying that a PS4 was going to quantitatively have more overall power than my PC, but rather I was getting at Naughty Dog's talents at creating games versus slop like Watch Dogs from UbiCrap.

As I stated previously, I can kill any current PC game at 2556x1440, but the only games that really look as detailed as this trailer in engine are The Witcher 2, Crysis 3, and games with mods. Skyrim with mods might objectively be the best looking game possible, although I prefer the art style of The Witcher 2 with ubersampling--but having said that, shouldn't it embarrass everybody besides CD Projekt Red that a $400 console can achieve this level of detail and yet games like Watch Dogs looks worse than GTAV, runs like garbage, and isn't even that fun?

How about Dark Souls 1/2 on PC? Unoptimized garbage. Rockstar games on PC? Buggy messes. Crytek games? Character animations are wooden and the games are boring. Titanfall on PC? Barely looks better than Xbox 720p version. Why aren't there more CD Projekt Reds of the world making PC games to the same scale and attention to detail as Naughty dog?

I'll tell you why, because PC gamers will accept absolute dog crap garbage as long as they can brag about specs. I spent all of this time and money building this system and there aren't enough games that will even take advantage of it. It's depressing!
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi