This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo games on PC

#1razidPosted 6/10/2014 9:30:07 AM
That Masterchief Collection really wanted me to get an Xbox One, but rather than down four hundo for one collection, I figured if I can satisfy my Halo fixes on PC for now. Only Halo 1 and 2 are on PC right? Are they on steam or available digitally anywhere? I think I saw Halo 2 was a GFW game, and I know some GFW games are bad. Anyone have any experience with Halo 2 and whether it's any good, any DRM? Any plans to get any of the other Halo games on PC?

Thanks mates
---
Take care of yourself
#2HolyCookiePosted 6/10/2014 10:02:20 AM
I'm kinda curious about that too, if the master chief collection doesn't end up coming out on PC, I might try and find the original PC versions since I have never played Halo except at a friend's house.
#3razid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 11:14:56 AM
bump
---
Take care of yourself
#4Dirk85UKPosted 6/10/2014 11:29:33 AM
Only Halo 1 and 2 are on PC right? Yes, that's right.

Are they on steam or available digitally anywhere? They are only available on discs, check amazon.

Any plans to get any of the other Halo games on PC? Not at the moment, though it's possible that the Master Chief Collection could eventually come out for the PC.

Also, since Halo 1 & 2 on the PC are now old games, don't expect the graphics to be good.
---
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
#5kingoffpsPosted 6/10/2014 11:31:08 AM
Yeah they're not on Steam. I don't think I've seen them on any digital stores either, like ever.

No plans for any other Halo games on the PC either.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#6kingoffpsPosted 6/10/2014 11:31:31 AM
Oops ninja'd
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#7PhilOnDezPosted 6/10/2014 12:39:26 PM
Just to clear it up real quick, GFW is fine, I avoided cheap retail copies of a few games because they had that label before I found that out. Several retail Steamworks games like New Vegas ship under that label and the game has nothing to do with MS aside from the fact that it's designed to run on their OSes. GFWL is MS's DRM platform and the games are labeled as such.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8MarikhenPosted 6/10/2014 7:54:09 PM
Halo, Halo 2, and Halo: Spartan Assault (which was, IIRC, a third-party mobile game originally) are pretty much the only PC Halo games. Frankly, the bad part about that, to me at least, is that Halo was supposed to be an X-Box exclusive, but they went ahead and ported it to the PC. I mean great, we got Halo, but it was kind of a shady business shenanigan to pull, and using Halo 2 to try to drum up support for Vista, especially when it was DX10-only, DX10 was supposed to be Vista-only, and you could run Halo 2 on XP just fine anyways, only helped to further hurt viability of the Halo franchise on the PC. Had porting the Halo games to PC not been shrouded in such issues we might have seen Halo 3 and Halo 4, not to mention the (non-Assault) spinoffs, ported as well. :-/
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#9LordSeiferPosted 6/10/2014 8:02:50 PM
halo pc was a pretty solid game, maybe like 10 south americans playing it now

halo 2 was a terrible terrible port of a great game
---
^ this
#10Hi CPosted 6/10/2014 10:22:01 PM
LordSeifer posted...
halo 2 was a terrible terrible port of a terrible game

Fix'd

Perfect example of fast turnaround cash in driven by tons of electronic show reveal hype. It's the fps equal to Dragon Age 2.