This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick, someone in the Archeage alpha tell me how it's not worth it,

#11Silent Sniper IV(Moderator)Posted 6/10/2014 1:31:48 PM
It's got a bunch of issues, and unless the NA version is different, it's very p2w in that it sells options to drastically increase your labor points so that the people throwing down cash can produce a lot more than the people who don't. I think NA version is using a sub model? If thats the case maybe it'll be different.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#12SleepComaPosted 6/10/2014 1:33:36 PM
Just go get a massage
---
i7-4770k@stock | GA-Z87X-UD5H | EVGA 780Ti | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Seagate 600 SSD 240 GB | WDC Black 1 + 2 TB HDD | HAF 932 Advanced | NH-D14 | Capstone 650w
#13thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 1:42:29 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
It's got a bunch of issues, and unless the NA version is different, it's very p2w in that it sells options to drastically increase your labor points so that the people throwing down cash can produce a lot more than the people who don't. I think NA version is using a sub model? If thats the case maybe it'll be different.

It'll have both. It's published by Trion in the west and the way Rift handled F2P is fine IMO.
Argh, has no one actually played it?
#14SinisterSlayPosted 6/10/2014 1:47:03 PM
thedeadman568 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
SpazH3d posted...
You're an adult and can use your money however you see fit. I suggest 2 hookers and a family-sized pizza.

And condoms, lots and lots of condoms, and paper bags.
Two hookers for $135... yikes...

Sounds like there's a sale going on somewhere. God, I hope it's a sale.

I don't think hookers have sales.
Would you really want a discount hooker?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 2:03:52 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
thedeadman568 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
SpazH3d posted...
You're an adult and can use your money however you see fit. I suggest 2 hookers and a family-sized pizza.

Rather a discount hooker than one that costs 65 bucks without the discount.
#16SinisterSlayPosted 6/10/2014 4:02:02 PM
thedeadman568 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
thedeadman568 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
SpazH3d posted...

Rather a discount hooker than one that costs 65 bucks without the discount.

Both sound equally bad
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17Riot55555Posted 6/10/2014 4:02:58 PM
It's a really good game. I've been digging it, but not trying to get toooooo into it since I know it'll be wiped. The focus of the game is the economy and interacting with different ways to make money/materials (whether it's through farming, fishing, pirating, traderuns, etc.). The world (and water!) is beautiful and fully explorable, and it actually feels alive instead of most MMOs lately.

But I would wait at this point since beta is APPARENTLY coming soon. Either way, if you know for sure you're going to play it, buying into it isn't really $150 for alpha access, you get 3 months of patron status which allows you to own farm land which is pretty essential IMO, a really nice glider, a couple random items, and most importantly early access and a little bit of experience with how things work. Land ownership is really important and getting in to the primo spots will be important.

I probably made your life harder.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#18thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 4:41:33 PM
Riot55555 posted...
It's a really good game. I've been digging it, but not trying to get toooooo into it since I know it'll be wiped. The focus of the game is the economy and interacting with different ways to make money/materials (whether it's through farming, fishing, pirating, traderuns, etc.). The world (and water!) is beautiful and fully explorable, and it actually feels alive instead of most MMOs lately.

But I would wait at this point since beta is APPARENTLY coming soon. Either way, if you know for sure you're going to play it, buying into it isn't really $150 for alpha access, you get 3 months of patron status which allows you to own farm land which is pretty essential IMO, a really nice glider, a couple random items, and most importantly early access and a little bit of experience with how things work. Land ownership is really important and getting in to the primo spots will be important.

I probably made your life harder.

Yes, yes you did, but now I won't feel so bad if I cave, since I can just blame you, so thanks.
#19Riot55555Posted 6/10/2014 5:03:31 PM
It takes awhile to learn all the systems and metagame, and at first it seems like a crappy quest-driven WoW clone, but once you get to like level 25-30 and things open up, it gets a lot better. Very fun to explore. I <3 my boat!
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#20thedeadman568(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 5:32:33 PM
Riot55555 posted...
It takes awhile to learn all the systems and metagame, and at first it seems like a crappy quest-driven WoW clone, but once you get to like level 25-30 and things open up, it gets a lot better. Very fun to explore. I <3 my boat!

Well it seems like destiny is intervening. I was going to buy it but for some reason the order can't get processed.
Maybe it's not meant to be.
Unless you are the shepherd who brings the solution and leads me to the promised land of MMOs that offer actual freedom.