This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the difference between these two graphics cards?

#1JimiMorrison187Posted 6/10/2014 1:39:31 PM
They look basically the same to me except this one costs $10 more ($20 with rebate other one gets):

http://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=5dc300f5-9b28-4d01-916d-277e8d789264

and this one says it has a "display port":

http://www.evga.com/products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=47c2b3d9-fa2c-420e-9a56-ea174652b579

The first one shows Windows 7-8 listed as requirements, while the second doesn't.

Price being a non-issue here is there a difference that makes the more expensive one better?
#2MaddSciencePosted 6/10/2014 1:42:18 PM
they have completely different coolers.
---
HDD is like a horse while SSDs are like Cars - CuteBeans
#3KillerTrufflePosted 6/10/2014 1:43:32 PM
Signature 2 has 3GB VRAM instead of 2GB, and the ACX one has an ACX cooler. Both have the same ports I believe (both do have DisplayPort).
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 1:43:52 PM
So the first has a better cooler more or less then? Is there some sort of compatibility issue between the two?
#5KillerTrufflePosted 6/10/2014 1:44:47 PM
No, the second one has a better cooler... the first one has more memory.
---
#6SnadadosPosted 6/10/2014 1:47:45 PM
Signature 2 looks to be a slightly older model and also does not have a display port.

It is possible there might be a minor difference in temps between the two coolers but I don't see it being more than a couple Celsius difference.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#7JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 1:57:45 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...

OK thanks. The second one was the one I was looking at buying until I saw the first one and thought they were close enough that it might be a better option.

I know the second one is a compatible card so I suppose I'll just stick with it,.
#8KillerTrufflePosted 6/10/2014 2:00:02 PM
Snadados posted...
Signature 2 looks to be a slightly older model and also does not have a display port.

It is possible there might be a minor difference in temps between the two coolers but I don't see it being more than a couple Celsius difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130833

I'm looking at the panel on that card, and the port closest to the side bracket looks a heck of a lot like a DisplayPort to me... Also, the numbers in terms of clock speeds and all appear exactly the same. Only difference I see in the numbers is 3GB RAM on the FTW.
---
#9KillerTrufflePosted 6/10/2014 2:11:39 PM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

OK thanks. The second one was the one I was looking at buying until I saw the first one and thought they were close enough that it might be a better option.

I know the second one is a compatible card so I suppose I'll just stick with it,.

Well, the FTW will support larger texture sizes and stuff, but for the most part, the cards are pretty much the same. One has more RAM, the other has a better cooler... that's the only real difference I can find.
---
#10JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 2:17:43 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Snadados posted...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130833

I'm looking at the panel on that card, and the port closest to the side bracket looks a heck of a lot like a DisplayPort to me... Also, the numbers in terms of clock speeds and all appear exactly the same. Only difference I see in the numbers is 3GB RAM on the FTW.

Thanks for your help.

Only reason I came to the second one was because I was looking to upgrade an old Dell XPS 8300 (yes I know it's pre-built garbage, but it has some decent parts in it...lol) with the 460 W PSU. I found that second card listed in several places around the web as compatible, but looking earlier I saw more later ones are now maybe.

This particular 8300 has::

i7 2660 3.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
460 W PSU

but...I gotta run and fix dinner so I'll come back later with more later. LOL