This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz and GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

#1TheAnthraxBunnyPosted 6/10/2014 4:45:22 PM
What kinds of games would I be able to play with that? Should I choose something different? My budget is 300 (I can go a little over if I need to) and I also need to buy a power supply and a wireless card.
---
The best you can is good enough.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 6/10/2014 4:54:20 PM
Pretty much any console port. Some PC exclusives will struggle on it though, modded Minecraft (Yeah it's on the consoles but it isn't even close to the same game, especially not with mods), Starcraft 2, and most MMOs specifically come to mind. I'd go for an i3 if that was my budget as it's 90% as fast in the worst case scenario and 150% as fast in the best case for the same price and the games I play most fall into Intel's strengths.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 4:57:40 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Pretty much any console port. Some PC exclusives will struggle on it though, modded Minecraft (Yeah it's on the consoles but it isn't even close to the same game, especially not with mods), Starcraft 2, and most MMOs specifically come to mind. I'd go for an i3 if that was my budget as it's 90% as fast in the worst case scenario and 150% as fast in the best case for the same price and the games I play most fall into Intel's strengths.

Opting for the 750 TI instead of the regular 750 already put me over my budget. I might be able to skip out on buying a third fan (I forgot to mention that in my OP). Do you know if I'll need a third fan? I won't be overclocking.
---
#4Terrorknight3Posted 6/10/2014 5:01:28 PM
TheAnthraxBunny posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

Opting for the 750 TI instead of the regular 750 already put me over my budget. I might be able to skip out on buying a third fan (I forgot to mention that in my OP). Do you know if I'll need a third fan? I won't be overclocking.

It would be a waste to not overclock an amd fx 6300.
#5TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 5:09:30 PM
Terrorknight3 posted...
It would be a waste to not overclock an amd fx 6300.

Well I think I'm getting an i3-4130 instead because I'll only be $15 over my budget. $25 if I have to get a third fan.
---
#6TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 6:27:51 PM(edited)
Oops. Never mind. I just remembered I need an AM3+ processor for the motherboard. So maybe I will be overclocking.
---
#7PhilOnDezPosted 6/10/2014 6:32:03 PM(edited)
How much are you spending on the mobo? If it's less than $80 don't waste your time on overclocking/money on a cooler. Intel VRMs are on the CPU so they're not nearly as affected by motherboard quality, AMD lets board vendors use whatever quality VRMs they want. This is great for the high end but on the low end you'll get parts that are good enough to run the CPUs at reference speeds and not much more.

E: Oh wait, do you already have the mobo? 6300 is fine then.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 6:33:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9TheAnthraxBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 6:35:53 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
E: Oh wait, do you already have the mobo? 6300 is fine then.

Yes, I already have the motherboard. I doubt the extra power from the i3 will help much for what I'm going to be playing anyway (console ports and MMOs like you said).
---