This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 6/10/2014 5:27:43 PM
Stop linking to that crap.

In fact, stop going to those websites, period. They're useless.
#12AnatomyHorrorPosted 6/10/2014 5:28:53 PM
Isn't there a woman "playing" the game in the trailer?
#13chrono625Posted 6/10/2014 5:30:23 PM
must be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Sarkeesian incognito.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#14DaedalusExPosted 6/10/2014 5:33:49 PM
I'm offended that there was a woman on the SWAT team. That's completely unrealistic and breaks my immersion.
#15njkking01Posted 6/10/2014 5:37:57 PM
somebody336 posted...
Whats a women?

your hand
---
Check out my channel TheRealZombieSlayer https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealZombieSlayer1
#16That1GuyyPosted 6/10/2014 6:04:51 PM
Get's not give garbage click bait more attention.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#17NeninaPosted 6/10/2014 6:15:06 PM(edited)
Calm down, women being something to rescue has been in media for forever. You act like this is a new trend. Put men in a situation where violence is the only solution and the reward is acknowledgment from the woman == nothing new. Just as long as it has good graphics, everything is fine.
#18johnny_payPosted 6/10/2014 6:13:52 PM
just another example of #everydaysexism
#19GynthaeresPosted 6/10/2014 6:25:03 PM
Nenina posted...
Calm down, women being something to rescue has been in media for forever. You act like this is a new trend. Put men in a situation where violence is the only solution and the reward is acknowledgment from the woman == nothing new. Just as long as it has good graphics, everything is fine.

Just because it's "nothing new" doesn't mean it's okay. This has indeed been a problem in games for a long, long time, where "rescue the helpless woman" is all the plot the game has, playing into an annoying and uncreative male power fantasy. We're at a point where we really should be past that, in games and in general.

Though in this case, I really don't see anything wrong with it, and I daresay the article is just clickbait. At first I thought it'd say something like "No female playable characters" or something, which would have annoyed me (I always had that lady from Israel as my squad leader in the first two R6 games, seemed more interesting than like, Ding Chavez). Here, it's just rescuing a female hostage. There will be other hostages, and there could be playable female characters in multiplayer. Not a big deal.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#20Orestes417Posted 6/10/2014 6:28:52 PM
I'd consider it more of a problem when people look for excuses to be offended than it is to have yet another stereotypical yet for all intents harmless throwaway storyline. Eventually, if you want actual equality you have to stop pointing out how unequal you are at every last minor provocation.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.