This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#121vash520Posted 6/11/2014 7:22:04 AM
http://imgur.com/TjVJLGz
---
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
#122Ilikemyname420Posted 6/11/2014 7:47:03 AM
Didn't bother reading it but I'm guessing its just another article by either Carolyn Petit or Tom McShea trying to ratchet up outrage over nothing. When I see Gamespot in a link I don't even bother anymore.
#123CELTEKKPosted 6/11/2014 8:01:41 AM
ed, good job dude...

great success!!
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014
#124Orestes417Posted 6/11/2014 8:17:47 AM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Here's why I won't be buying it. The general playerbase of online games has degraded into ADD addled halfwits and it's very likely most will ignore the objectives.

... play with... friends?

Got enough friends online at once to fill full servers?
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#125Ch3wyPosted 6/11/2014 8:55:10 AM
Wasn't Rainbow Six 3 pretty populated?
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#126PhilOnDezPosted 6/11/2014 9:12:10 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
DiviDude posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
It's not a bad thing what so ever, just more or less has a bad reputation from those men hating women..

I disagree. It has a bad reputation because, as with any form of "activism", it harbors a vocal group of halfwits who go to great lengths to invent injustice where there is none. The core message of feminism is fine. In practice, it tends to overreach. Petty articles like the one posted make feminism look as though it has little substance, as if feminism has run out of just causes. Activists tend to be their own worst enemy.

Very good point, and I without question agree with you there too. Any movement usually focuses on the worse of the group.

How many people call Tea Party members racist? How many people called the occupy movement a bunch of hippies just wanting some money? (Just two examples that shot into my head)

It's just how things work, easier to minimize and then easier to dismiss.

I really was just trying to point out that feminism just means equal rights for women. I can't see how someone can really look at that and say "That's bad." I can without question see how someone can look at actions of people who are feminists as bad though.

Feminism as an ideal is fine, just like communism/Marxism sounds amazing on paper. People are awful though, give them a little bit of attention/power and it isn't long before they start abusing it and making up 'atrocities' to get more attention/power.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#127reincarnator07Posted 6/11/2014 9:15:33 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
wasn't their place before and shouldn't be now.

This is why. Because no one has the right to determine what is and isn't someone's "place".

By all means get into the hobby but don't try to bend it to your politically correct bullcrap. Women have been damsels in games ever since the wheel was invented, get over it. If you can't deal, then get out.

"Black people have been slaves since the wheel was invented, get over it"
"Your posts have been terrible since the wheel was invented, get over it"

The past doesn't determine what is correct in the present. Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#128Tyranius2Posted 6/11/2014 11:23:12 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
wasn't their place before and shouldn't be now.

This is why. Because no one has the right to determine what is and isn't someone's "place".

By all means get into the hobby but don't try to bend it to your politically correct bullcrap. Women have been damsels in games ever since the wheel was invented, get over it. If you can't deal, then get out.

"Black people have been slaves since the wheel was invented, get over it"
"Your posts have been terrible since the wheel was invented, get over it"

The past doesn't determine what is correct in the present. Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

The thing is, a woman being a damsel is nowhere near the same level as slavery. It's not even a bad thing. Also, freedom is a human right, games aren't. If slaves didn't like slavery too bad, there was nothing they could do. If someone doesn't like games because they think they are misogynistic they can walk away any time of the day.

Like I said, get over it, the industry wasn't made to cater to women and it was better when it was that way. Nowadays we get feminists crying over trophy names and any violence against women in a game is received with million cries of butthurt.

If I go into a vegetarian restaurant, I don't scream complaining that they aren't selling meat and vice-versa. If you don't like the way things are you can leave, the exit door is always available.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#129my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 12:34:36 PM
Awareness bump, people need to know what video games are doing to society
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#130WyzeGyePosted 6/11/2014 12:48:16 PM
I won't be buying this game.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.