This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#131DisastersaurusPosted 6/11/2014 2:58:06 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
reincarnator07 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
wasn't their place before and shouldn't be now.

This is why. Because no one has the right to determine what is and isn't someone's "place".

By all means get into the hobby but don't try to bend it to your politically correct bullcrap. Women have been damsels in games ever since the wheel was invented, get over it. If you can't deal, then get out.

"Black people have been slaves since the wheel was invented, get over it"
"Your posts have been terrible since the wheel was invented, get over it"

The past doesn't determine what is correct in the present. Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

The thing is, a woman being a damsel is nowhere near the same level as slavery. It's not even a bad thing. Also, freedom is a human right, games aren't. If slaves didn't like slavery too bad, there was nothing they could do. If someone doesn't like games because they think they are misogynistic they can walk away any time of the day.

Like I said, get over it, the industry wasn't made to cater to women and it was better when it was that way. Nowadays we get feminists crying over trophy names and any violence against women in a game is received with million cries of butthurt.

If I go into a vegetarian restaurant, I don't scream complaining that they aren't selling meat and vice-versa. If you don't like the way things are you can leave, the exit door is always available.

Except that in your own analogy, the problem is the vegetarian restaurant is the only place to eat. You have to choose between that and not eating.

You're trying to say -an entire genre- of entertainment shouldn't be inclusive to women. Do you realize how insane that is? How would you like it if ALL movies and TV shows started being made exclusively targeting women?

Your whole assessment is "If you don't like something, you can leave," but that's a pretty cowardly move. I'd say "If you don't like something, change it." Show some initiative.
---
video games are for children
#132DiviDudePosted 6/11/2014 3:02:09 PM
And that is why having Tyranius2 on my ignore list is a good thing.
#133SpazH3dPosted 6/11/2014 3:02:24 PM
vid_ICARUS posted...
Considering that in the past two games you could make your player character a woman, and that the hostage in this game mode will probably be a random NPC it's pretty evident you are overreacting, just like the author of the original article.

Chillax.

Sexism is a real problem in gaming and the world at large. This is just not a very good example of it.

This is why the whole thing is so sad. It's a random NPC. Would it make a difference at all if it was a male? Jebus.

Everyone read the post I'm quoting and stuff your face with biscuits.
---
- My vision is augmented
#134reincarnator07Posted 6/11/2014 3:51:27 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
reincarnator07 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Disastersaurus posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
wasn't their place before and shouldn't be now.

This is why. Because no one has the right to determine what is and isn't someone's "place".

By all means get into the hobby but don't try to bend it to your politically correct bullcrap. Women have been damsels in games ever since the wheel was invented, get over it. If you can't deal, then get out.

"Black people have been slaves since the wheel was invented, get over it"
"Your posts have been terrible since the wheel was invented, get over it"

The past doesn't determine what is correct in the present. Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

The thing is, a woman being a damsel is nowhere near the same level as slavery. It's not even a bad thing. Also, freedom is a human right, games aren't. If slaves didn't like slavery too bad, there was nothing they could do. If someone doesn't like games because they think they are misogynistic they can walk away any time of the day.

Like I said, get over it, the industry wasn't made to cater to women and it was better when it was that way. Nowadays we get feminists crying over trophy names and any violence against women in a game is received with million cries of butthurt.

If I go into a vegetarian restaurant, I don't scream complaining that they aren't selling meat and vice-versa. If you don't like the way things are you can leave, the exit door is always available.

My point, which clearly went whoosh, was that not everything we did in the past was right. That sort of logic is fundamentally flawed. You're literally saying that one of the most profitable industries in the world shouldn't cater to half the population.

For the record, I think complaining about sexism in that trailer is ridiculous. As others in this topic pointed out, you'd likely be in a right state after being taken hostage by 5 armed terrorists regardless of gender.

This is just the latest thing to be blown out of proportion for views. However, there is certainly a problem with sexism in both games and the industry.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#135LazyyAmericanPosted 6/11/2014 4:04:43 PM
Is it just me...or is it more offensive that these "spec ops" would grab a hostage and bring them along,. only to get into yet another shootout?
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#136Tyranius2Posted 6/11/2014 4:17:29 PM
Except that in your own analogy, the problem is the vegetarian restaurant is the only place to eat. You have to choose between that and not eating.

It's not the only place to eat. It's a restaurant, there are millions of others you can go to.

You're trying to say -an entire genre- of entertainment shouldn't be inclusive to women. Do you realize how insane that is?

Not insane at all. I don't want my hobby to change. If that means women will get offended then so be it, shouldn't be offended by video games anyway. They can play games just fine, but they choose to cry over little things like woman violence in a fictional environment.

How would you like it if ALL movies and TV shows started being made exclusively targeting women?

Wouldn't care in the slightest.

Your whole assessment is "If you don't like something, you can leave," but that's a pretty cowardly move. I'd say "If you don't like something, change it." Show some initiative.

Cool that you think that way, but I don't get anything out of games being more respectful of women so I don't care how much women want to get into gaming.

My point, which clearly went whoosh, was that not everything we did in the past was right.

There's nothing wrong at all with the way games were and are right now in regards to women, so that point is moot.

You're literally saying that one of the most profitable industries in the world shouldn't cater to half the population.

Not even half the gamers are female unless you count angry birds, league of legends or other crap that fall under the casual gaming label. I don't see why anyone should cater to them.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#137SoftAssassinPosted 6/11/2014 5:17:12 PM
How many of you actually read the entire article? I did and the writer even admits to not knowing if you'll be able to rescue male hostages or not. He was at E3 but didn't even bother to ask one of the Ubisoft employees. He just jumped the gun and wrote this crazy article without any facts except 6 minutes of a multiplayer session. Don't stoop to his level. Find out the facts before you make topics. There's a very good chance there will be male hostages also. Then, both of you and everybody else jumping to conclusions in this topic are going to look very stupid.
#138Tyranius2Posted 6/11/2014 5:26:41 PM
Even if there were only female hostages there would be nothing wrong with that.
---
#139my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 9:01:17 PM
Tyranius2 posted...

I can't even begin to explain how wrong you are.
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#140Tyranius2Posted 6/11/2014 9:43:42 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

I can't even begin to explain how wrong you are.

Honestly, who the hell cares? It's a placeholder. It's not like only having female hostages would be a misogynistic action done by the devs out of bitter hate for women. I wager nobody on the team even cared about those things in the making of that footage, it's the overly-sensitive thin skinned crybabies who see issues where there is none. You are actually making the issue worse by complaining about something so minor.
---