This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#41steveboblarryPosted 6/10/2014 8:01:55 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
steveboblarry posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-disturbing-representation-of-women-in-the-rainbow-six-siege-e3-demo/1100-6420266/

Because it is a misogynistic, sexist game representative of the stone age patriarchy we've been fighting against for a millennia. We need to remove this garbage from our video games to protect our children and teach them to be caring of women and their plight as they struggle to take a stand against this terrible, disgusting, putrid excuse of a patriarch driven society. We must rise against misogyny!!

I like you ed, also you should of said #allwomen

I liked you at first, but then you edited your post.

The editing didn't bother me so much as what was contained within the editing.

Go get a room

Fade did you forget to take your meds again. Also someone quote this so fade's bipolar ass can see it.
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#42Orestes417Posted 6/10/2014 8:02:24 PM
You forgot Russians and generic brown people of no particular ethnicity.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#43zeekybookydoogPosted 6/10/2014 8:07:24 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Institutionalized patriarchy simulator 2014

Posting in a troll topic instead of deleting it. You are the laziest, most unqualified mod I have ever seen.
---
"Have the courage to think and act on your own."
"Have the courage to disobey."
#44CELTEKKPosted 6/10/2014 8:11:16 PM
zeekybookydoog posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Institutionalized patriarchy simulator 2014

Posting in a troll topic instead of deleting it. You are the laziest, most unqualified mod I have ever seen.

that's a requisite for being a gamefaqs mod.
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014
#45good_mangorushPosted 6/10/2014 8:30:26 PM
Orestes417 posted...
spacecowboy44 posted...
that writer should be fired and forced to spoon feed a baby alligator for being so stupid

Hey now, that's racist against crocodiles and sharks with frikking laser beams. The union will hear of this!

*PETA will hear of this.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#46MynachranPosted 6/10/2014 8:45:50 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-disturbing-representation-of-women-in-the-rainbow-six-siege-e3-demo/1100-6420266/

Because it is a misogynistic, sexist game representative of the stone age patriarchy we've been fighting against for a millennia. We need to remove this garbage from our video games to protect our children and teach them to be caring of women and their plight as they struggle to take a stand against this terrible, disgusting, putrid excuse of a patriarch driven society. We must rise against misogyny!!

Tumblr Feminists Social Injustice Warriors? Here on GameFaqs?
#47inuyasha1031Posted 6/10/2014 8:53:02 PM
Mmm click bait.
---
/* Class 5 Vita/3DS Dual Wielder */
#48KarnRX78Posted 6/10/2014 9:01:31 PM
So instead of trying to help spread education to girls/women in parts of the world where they are denied, we are pissed that a hostage rescue team in a video game, is rescuing, women? Last Rainbow Six game I played, had hostages that were male and female, I'm sure this will too.

Just more social justice wanabes fighting the wrong fight. Get your priorities straights, worry about this if you want to but don't act like it is the end of the world or some moral injustice.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#49TreeFiddy93Posted 6/10/2014 9:05:59 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
That just seems like an overreaction.

1) There is a woman playing on the rescuing team, in a position of power, trying to save a PERSON who is being held hostage.

2) Have we come to the point where a woman can't be taken as hostage or put in a situation of vulnerability without being called misogynistic or biased?

3) The map stated "Boston Suburb." I would think that in a suburb, a woman has the potential to be taken hostage while the man would be killed, but that's just me. Either way, it was a demo so we don't know whether or not there will be all kinds of people who will be taken 'hostage' in the game.

"Women should not be the goal of a match, a thing that two teams are striving to possess. Just writing out exactly what transpired sounds so incredibly dirty and wrong. She is a woman, a person just like any other, and should be treated like an independent being capable of more than crying desperately and waiting to be saved."----What does the author here expect this lady to do? She has 5 heavily armed assailants who have tied her hands. She obviously knows that people are coming to save her. I would also say that this is a very stressful situation, and I sure as hell would be crying also. Again, there very well could be (and most likely are) male hostages as well, they just weren't shown in the demo (which shouldn't necessarily be interpreted as a message, either).

This author is just ridiculous. He even laments how the woman only 'follows the nearest person.' Well, that DOES baffle me. Why don't we just have that woman be freed, grab a gun off the nearest dead body, and start charging through with her saviors to kill the intruders. It's not like the setting was in the Boston suburbs...aren't all suburban moms trained in small-group, tactical warfare? It's not because it's a female hostage that the representation is a helpless person, it's the very situation itself. You can put anyone in that situation, barring former military, and they'll be helpless.

Trust me, even military training won't save you of you're unarmed and charged by 5 people who aren't. This article is ridiculous.
---
Kill em' all
#50VeiledGenesisPosted 6/10/2014 9:06:03 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...

If you ask me, there isn't enough misogyny.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.