This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#81ghhost99Posted 6/10/2014 11:29:19 PM(edited)
Sure, let one person try to deal with a group of terroists that are heavily armed while you're bound or tied up. Lets see how that goes.
#82AtalalamaPosted 6/10/2014 11:34:47 PM
That...was the most stupid article I have ever read. The projections the author make of his own inner psyche onto the game, and his self-loathing hatred he spewed in rebuttal to his own twisted ideas of people being mere possessions, was just sickening. Everything written had nothing to do with what the game really was, and all to do with how the author perceived reality around him.

That, or it was pathetic click-bait.

Well, time to strike Game Spot from my ever-shortening list of sites to visit for non-BS news.

The Fighters' Generation is pretty laid back with fighting game news without being all idiotic about it (save for not liking all-femme fighters because girlfriend). Tech Tell is good for obscure stuff. Anyone know of any good, unbiased & non-asinine RPG sites?
---
If a game's not good enough for a physical release, then it's not good enough for me.
Official KH3 Aerith, apparently? How...?
#83ArayzielPosted 6/10/2014 11:45:27 PM
Wish I could get paid to write diarrhea in html form.
#84SetzeraPosted 6/10/2014 11:45:57 PM
I for one will be buying this game, because it looks fun. I could go on about how in the demo, a woman was playing the game, making her look powerful, but, I figure it'll fall on deaf eyes.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#85LOLIAmAnAltPosted 6/11/2014 12:32:48 AM
CS:GO only has Male Hostages

Valve confirmed way less misogynistic then Ubisoft.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#86BannedMomPosted 6/11/2014 12:39:29 AM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Mr_Delcroix posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Nenina posted...
Calm down, women being something to rescue has been in media for forever. You act like this is a new trend. Put men in a situation where violence is the only solution and the reward is acknowledgment from the woman == nothing new.

You know what the south said about slavery?

"it's nothing new, dont worry about it"

Alright, fine, lemme go call up SWAT and tell them to ignore every instance of female hostages from now on because apparently saving them is somehow mysogynist.

Please go waste someone else's time on tumblr while everyone else worries about problems more important than what someone puts into a video game.

Like, y'know, literally anything else you can think of.

I'm not wasting anyone's time. YOU are wasting YOU'RE time.

Damn bro. Its YOUR

You're means you are
Your means it is something that belongs to you.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
#87ssringoPosted 6/11/2014 12:59:59 AM
I don't care that OP won't be buying it and I don't care how a game portrays women (or men, gays, aliens, dogs, trees, etc).

Fun game = buy
Not fun game = no buy

Anything further than that is a complete non-issue for me. I have more of an issue with people getting anal and having moral crusades every time something remotely puts someone in a negative light.
---
"If all pc gamers are pirates and pc gamers are the master race, then logically . . .
Pirates = Master Race" -Piggins12
#88Cutting Doom MoonPosted 6/11/2014 1:12:35 AM
why should it matter to you what gender the hostage is

stop caring about gender roles and just look at what the character is: the hostage

the gender should not matter in the slightest

hell, it doesn't even have to be a person at all; it could be a highly confidential package and i couldn't care less. it doesn't change the objective or how i look at the game at all

the fact that you seem to care so much says more about this topic than anything else, really
#89spud_almightyPosted 6/11/2014 1:34:44 AM
God help us if the hostage was a BLACK woman. Sweet mother of christ. People with this kind of opinion shouldn't have an opinion. Feminism is one of the worst things this species has ever created. If you don't like it, go buy some tampons, burn your bras and leave us alone!
#90schadowPosted 6/11/2014 1:36:34 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
thelocalhentai posted...
Faked feminism is so disgusting.

Feminism is bad, period.

I feel offended by your pun. In fact, I am seeing red right now.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.