This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I for one will NOT be buying the new Rainbow Six game, and here's why you care

#91Ertrick36Posted 6/11/2014 1:51:16 AM
I almost think the TC is being sarcastic. I mean, I have yet to run into someone on the internet with this opinion...

But I doubt that R6 is going to be primarily focused on a "rescue the hostage" game mode. They used a female character in the trailer because the fact of the matter is that there's still a majority of gamers who find their enjoyment in games solely in rescuing / fighting over pretty dames (I'm not one of them). Though we're seeing a progression in the gaming fanbase, with more women and feminist sympathizing men playing games. Eventually, it will all equalize, and the gaming industry will have something for everyone.

I'll have to wait and see how the new R6 game is made, and what my most trusted reviewers and friends have to say about it (because I know at least one of them will take note of anything that would break the deal for me). Though to be honest, I've never really been interested in R6 games to begin with.
---
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>
#92mjc0961Posted 6/11/2014 2:01:16 AM
I for one will now be buying the new Rainbow Six game just to spite TC.

In fact, I might by two copies to give Ubisoft more money than they would have made if you had just bought yourself a copy and not made a terrible thread.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#93pk je3busPosted 6/11/2014 2:03:34 AM
Game looks awesome.
---
*Please sign here _____________.*
#94Worknofun370Posted 6/11/2014 2:07:30 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
thelocalhentai posted...
Faked feminism is so disgusting.

Feminism is bad, period.

No, it really isn't.

Feminism isn't about "Men are evil!" or anything like that, (Although, there are without question "Feminists" who are like that. And those are without question "bad")

Feminism is about equality for women, nothing more really. It's not a bad thing what so ever, just more or less has a bad reputation from those men hating women..

Also, this topic went pretty much spot on as I thought it would. (not saying I disagree that outrage over this is a bit... too much)
#95spud_almightyPosted 6/11/2014 2:14:15 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
thelocalhentai posted...
Faked feminism is so disgusting.

Feminism is bad, period.

No, it really isn't.

Feminism isn't about "Men are evil!" or anything like that, (Although, there are without question "Feminists" who are like that. And those are without question "bad")

Feminism is about equality for women, nothing more really. It's not a bad thing what so ever, just more or less has a bad reputation from those men hating women..

Also, this topic went pretty much spot on as I thought it would. (not saying I disagree that outrage over this is a bit... too much)

Excuse me but every feminist I have ever met wants equality for woman but then complain when woman get treated like equals. It's a load of balls, it's just sexual discrimination in another form.
#96Worknofun370Posted 6/11/2014 2:18:54 AM
spud_almighty posted...
Excuse me but every feminist I have ever met wants equality for woman but then complain when woman get treated like equals. It's a load of balls, it's just sexual discrimination in another form.

Cool story, I'm not saying every single person in the feminist movement are awesome non-hypocritical people. Just pointing out that "feminism" is just about equal rights, and that it isn't a bad thing.
#97DiviDudePosted 6/11/2014 2:19:28 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
It's not a bad thing what so ever, just more or less has a bad reputation from those men hating women..

I disagree. It has a bad reputation because, as with any form of "activism", it harbors a vocal group of halfwits who go to great lengths to invent injustice where there is none. The core message of feminism is fine. In practice, it tends to overreach. Petty articles like the one posted make feminism look as though it has little substance, as if feminism has run out of just causes. Activists tend to be their own worst enemy.
#98Worknofun370Posted 6/11/2014 2:23:38 AM
DiviDude posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
It's not a bad thing what so ever, just more or less has a bad reputation from those men hating women..

I disagree. It has a bad reputation because, as with any form of "activism", it harbors a vocal group of halfwits who go to great lengths to invent injustice where there is none. The core message of feminism is fine. In practice, it tends to overreach. Petty articles like the one posted make feminism look as though it has little substance, as if feminism has run out of just causes. Activists tend to be their own worst enemy.

Very good point, and I without question agree with you there too. Any movement usually focuses on the worse of the group.

How many people call Tea Party members racist? How many people called the occupy movement a bunch of hippies just wanting some money? (Just two examples that shot into my head)

It's just how things work, easier to minimize and then easier to dismiss.

I really was just trying to point out that feminism just means equal rights for women. I can't see how someone can really look at that and say "That's bad." I can without question see how someone can look at actions of people who are feminists as bad though.
#99Bmvc1Posted 6/11/2014 2:43:00 AM
That is honestly the most ridiculous article I have ever read. Tom Mc Shea is an embarrassment.
#100Monolith1676Posted 6/11/2014 3:27:01 AM
I believe "gaming journalism" and I use that term loosely, sucks.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend