This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DayZ or Rust or Nether on steam

#11Chargers_31Posted 6/10/2014 8:46:35 PM(edited)
How is DayZ now? I bought it the first day and played for a few weeks, but I got bored of it. I know it's still in Alpha, but is it more playable now? The game IMO has a bunch of potential to be good and I'm excited for a polished full release, but I don't want to bother reinstalling if not much has changed.

Most importantly, does it actually feel like a Zombie game? The thing that bothered me the most was that you saw so few zombies and they were so simple to kill or escape and that your only enemy was really just other people
#12BongbuddyPosted 6/10/2014 9:20:23 PM
Neither.
#13PhillyCheesePosted 6/11/2014 2:08:09 AM
TheBionicRock posted...
PhillyCheese posted...
Rust. The creator of DayZ fled the project a few months back. Don't support it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-dean-hall-to-leave-bohemia-and-step-down-as-leader-of-dayz

Dean Hall intends to leave developer Bohemia and step down as leader of his hit video game DayZ by the end of the year,

End of the year =/= Months ago

Who cares? He's leaving, if that doesn't show his lack of faith in the game, I don't know what does. It's not like he's switching careers, he's off making a new game.. What kind of person does that? Starts working on one game, releases it pre-alpha, rakes in the money, then jumps ship to another project. Screw that guy.
#14ATARIJAWAPosted 6/11/2014 2:12:00 AM
Dean Hall is a designer not a developer. People forget that. He designed the game. Theres no need for him to stay until the end. The Architect isn't the General Contractor.

Anyways, Dayz is at least a year and a half away from release. It doesnt even go into beta until early 2015. The game is about 20% complete. What people are "playing" isnt even the real game. Its a server and engine stress test. The final game is a survival horror game and has little common in with the original mod.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#15VandelayIncPosted 6/11/2014 2:32:09 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
Neither.

lol