This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil Revelations worth 12.50?

#11NemerlightPosted 6/11/2014 10:42:39 AM
SlyCooper23 posted...
Raid mode is 10x funner than the campaign. I put over 100 hours into raid mode and counting. Get it, GREAT game.

90 hours here. Though i played 3DS version. IMO its second best RE game ever made with 4 being the king ofcourse.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#12BuyersRemorse55Posted 6/11/2014 11:44:50 AM
Revelations is good overall. The parts on the ship are strong. A lot of the flashbacks or switching to other characters is weak parts of the game. Raid mode is good fun but Im not sure how active it is on PC at this time.

The game has a few flaws being a portable game originally, but its still very good.

Also I thought RE5 was great. And RE6 was maybe 1/2 a good game and half poop.
#13Piggins12Posted 6/11/2014 12:28:53 PM
calcycle posted...
Resident evil 6 is muuuuch better.

I LOL'd at your sick attempt at humor
#14sylverlololPosted 6/11/2014 1:54:23 PM
Mayday

Maydaaaaaaaay
---
"You need to get your point out in one or two paragraphs. This is a message board, not a therapy session." - TreGooda
#15TroublemakerTMPosted 6/11/2014 4:59:28 PM
we dont share screens when we play co op on different computers right? I'm thinking about getting it on the pc as well but I also have a PS3. My pc can pretty much run any game and I even have a Logitech controller. What is the recommendation?

Another note is RE6 on PS3 has that annoying co op screen and does it do the same thing on pc or do we get our own full screen for different computers as well? Thinking about getting steam version instead and roll with that
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878
#16ClouddxPosted 6/11/2014 5:07:17 PM
TroublemakerTM posted...
we dont share screens when we play co op on different computers right? I'm thinking about getting it on the pc as well but I also have a PS3. My pc can pretty much run any game and I even have a Logitech controller. What is the recommendation?

Another note is RE6 on PS3 has that annoying co op screen and does it do the same thing on pc or do we get our own full screen for different computers as well? Thinking about getting steam version instead and roll with that

Same annoying crap on the PC version. I tried to play it w/ my bro. It was terrible.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#17TroublemakerTMPosted 6/11/2014 5:19:38 PM
damn, thanks. Capcom really needs to work on their co op screens REALLY BADLY. For pc, you think you would get your own screen since we are not on the same computer but capcom disappoints me again. People say the pc community is good with the mods but it does not justify the purchase.
---
Help get Suguri Collection on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878
#18biohazard1775Posted 6/11/2014 6:22:35 PM
It's worth it. It's what modern Resident Evil should have been.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without
#19_Zero1_Posted 6/11/2014 6:23:57 PM
TroublemakerTM posted...
damn, thanks. Capcom really needs to work on their co op screens REALLY BADLY. For pc, you think you would get your own screen since we are not on the same computer but capcom disappoints me again. People say the pc community is good with the mods but it does not justify the purchase.

Wait, what? Its split screen even across the interwebs?
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
#20Dark_SpiretPosted 6/11/2014 6:55:55 PM
-enemies are pretty mediocre and get repetitive.
-campaign is inconsistent and fairly short (~6hours). they splice these all out action segments and timeline cuts into the main story sections(which is jill's) and it all comes together pretty sloppy.
-story, writing, characters/design are all pretty bad, but thats not saying a lot for this series
-presentation shows its handheld roots with a few iffy control mechanics and mediocre visuals with poor loading screens and chapter selects which were obviously made for a handheld.

+more atmospheric in general compared to RE5 and most of 6 even with its action bits spliced in.
+bigger emphasis on exploration, backtracking and puzzle solving similar to the older RE's.
+good replay value. the campaign is short, but it does a few unique things regarding replay value. each difficulty has different enemy and item placements along with a NG+. it makes a second run just as interesting as the first. Also the highest difficulty is no joke unlike most other games. I also really liked how they approach the weapon upgrading this time around which has a random element to it and feels more natural and adds a more personal feeling to the weapons.
+raid mode minigame. it can get repetitive, but this minigame is hyper addictive with an xp leveling system, store to buy upgrades and gear, random loot drops, character selections with there own stats and abilities. 2 player coop is also included and having the campaigns random enemies on different difficulties keeps things interesting. You can easily rack up 30-40hours just in this mode to reach max level and 100% all the levels.

Overall the game has its share of issues, but it is good and worth its price, especially if you plan to jump into its minigame.
---
Currently playing: Wolfenstein TNO - Transistor - Dishonored