This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the CM storm stealth keyboard one of the best mech. keyboards out there?

#1Terrorknight3Posted 6/10/2014 11:12:14 PM
I like how there is not letting on top of the keycaps.

It makes it easier to clean with rubbing alcohol and you don't have to worry about the letting wearing off.

Anyone here have that keyboard?
#2Blobs_Posted 6/11/2014 12:26:48 AM
I don't have a stealth in particular, but I have a quickfire XT and it's superb other than the ugly font.
---
is haha
#3Terrorknight3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 11:51:24 AM
Blobs_ posted...
I don't have a stealth in particular, but I have a quickfire XT and it's superb other than the ugly font.

how old is your current keyboard?
#4BilliePilgrimPosted 6/11/2014 12:11:43 PM
Terrorknight3 posted...
Blobs_ posted...

I know you're not asking me, but I have a quickfire XT as well, and it's only a few months old. It's a superb keyboard and I got some small rubber o-rings to help minimize dat KLAKLAKLAKLAK. It's a really solidly built keyboard. Nothing is loose, nothing wobbles, and it's not backlit!. I can't overstate how exciting that last bit is.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#5Neo_PortaPottyPosted 6/11/2014 12:54:55 PM
Not the best but probably the best affordable for everyone mech.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#6RheygarPosted 6/11/2014 12:56:22 PM
I have one, got it as a Christmas gift so it's been a few months. Other than having to adjust to no numpad, I like it, no complaints. Others who have seen it thought it was really neat as well.
#7Terrorknight3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 1:26:46 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
Blobs_ posted...

I know you're not asking me, but I have a quickfire XT as well, and it's only a few months old. It's a superb keyboard and I got some small rubber o-rings to help minimize dat KLAKLAKLAKLAK. It's a really solidly built keyboard. Nothing is loose, nothing wobbles, and it's not backlit!. I can't overstate how exciting that last bit is.

How come you don't like backlit?

Also what are rubber o-rings?
#8Neo_PortaPottyPosted 6/11/2014 1:31:06 PM
Terrorknight3 posted...
BilliePilgrim posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
Blobs_ posted...

How come you don't like backlit?

Also what are rubber o-rings?

It's a potential failure point and the whole point of mech keyboards is durability.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#9Terrorknight3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 1:32:14 PM
Rheygar posted...
I have one, got it as a Christmas gift so it's been a few months. Other than having to adjust to no numpad, I like it, no complaints. Others who have seen it thought it was really neat as well.

what mx switches do you have? Do you like that the covert keycap feature?
#10MaKhaosPosted 6/11/2014 1:40:18 PM
CM Storm Quickfire XT, Rapid, and Rapid Stealth are all costar boards manufactured by the same place as Filco's keyboard line. You are basically buying the budget version of a Filco which is known for superb build quality. So yeah, the Rapid, XT, and Rapid Stealth are great and inexpensive for a mechanical keyboard. There's always the option to buy your own keycaps too.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]