This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are gamers mean people?

#1Mindbend8erPosted 6/11/2014 12:40:50 AM
there is so much sarcasm from gamers on gamefaqs. Some people are just rude. Are all gamers that mean?
---
game tag - mindbend8r
#2DC07301981Posted 6/11/2014 12:42:32 AM
Just ignore it. Even if you play online you'll run into your share of people you'd rather avoid. Just be strong and ignore it. It's the internet...filter out the useless information and just look and listen to the stuff that matters.
#3BannedMomPosted 6/11/2014 12:44:16 AM
Gfaqs is different. It is a forums that is 20% serioud and 80% for fun.

Go to linus or toms if you want serious.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
#4Blobs_Posted 6/11/2014 12:47:04 AM
I think you'll find that a lot of people are sarcastic no matter where you go.
---
is haha
#5TropicMoon10Posted 6/11/2014 1:00:10 AM
I think GameFAQs is pretty tame compared to other places on the internet.

That being said - more often than not, the hostility isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just how some people are. Especially on the internet and even more especially in online/multiplayer games. Don't worry about it and do things the way that make you happy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#6MrMonkhousePosted 6/11/2014 1:06:44 AM
On the internet, yes.

In real life, for some parts no.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#7DC07301981Posted 6/11/2014 1:07:29 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I think GameFAQs is pretty tame compared to other places on the internet.

That being said - more often than not, the hostility isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's just how some people are. Especially on the internet and even more especially in online/multiplayer games. Don't worry about it and do things the way that make you happy.

Yeah, compared to some other places on the internet GameFAQSs isn't that bad. Ever read the comments on news websites, like CNN.com, particularly after bad news like someone being murdered or killed? Horrible comments...can't believe people actually think those sort of things. The 10% of comments that are actually constructive and that contribute to the topic in a positive way are flooded by negative messages, sarcastic jokes, and just terrible things. Just ignore it and don't sink to that level.
#8DiviDudePosted 6/11/2014 1:11:16 AM
Nah, it's just the Greater Internet F***wad Theory at work. Most of these maladjusted manchildren who act like a bunch of assfaces on the Internet are quite timid and cowardly in the real world and wouldn't dare say the things they say online. They can get away with it on the Internets, and that's why there's a selection bias for basement dwellers.
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 6/11/2014 2:08:34 AM(edited)
I think that has more to do with the fact that this is an "anonymous" online forum than it has to do with gaming. You see the same thing on youtube comments, or practically any other platform where people are anonymous (on social network platforms, where your comments are linked to you as a person, everyone is a LOT nicer, even on platforms where people do not only interact with friends and family).

On top of that, gamefaqs has its own forum culture that is really not that friendly. There are other forums where people tend to be a lot nicer. Specifically forums where people gather that are into specific games or something along those lines.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#10HamJabroniPosted 6/11/2014 2:18:14 AM
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member