This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are gamers mean people?

#21r0ge00Posted 6/11/2014 6:30:58 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
PEOPLE are mean people.

+1
#22KidInTheHallPosted 6/11/2014 6:32:11 AM
SpazH3d posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
Not all, I'm the nicest guy on GFaqs.

Tell that to your moderation history. BOOYAH!

TC, you're such a jerk.

Cultural misunderstandings are all those are. Simple misunderstandings.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#23MarceloSampaioPosted 6/11/2014 6:40:37 AM
KidInTheHall posted...
Not all, I'm the nicest guy on GFaqs.

Lets see:

5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.

Yup, I see that. :p
---
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/
#24arleasPosted 6/11/2014 6:45:09 AM
The more competitive and "hardcore" a game is, the ruder the people playing it. I'm sure you'll find a nice lot of people playing Bejeweled and Sims 3.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#25_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 6/11/2014 8:46:45 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
PEOPLE are mean people.

The human being is horrible. We have a bad seed inside of ALL of us, its just that some people shows this bad seed more frequently than others.

EVERY human being in the world gets happy when someone is sad. Deep down, all of us got happy by seeing someone miserable in front of us.

Even if this is true, there is also good in people. And about the "being happy others are miserable thing", sure I experience as bit of that sometimes. When someone is forced to get of their high horse and humble themselves for example (though only if I did not like that person to begin with). I am only human. But that does not mean I want people to feel miserable. I do not want to see people hurt, hungry, sick etc. and I do not think others do.

On the internet you do see all the mean and petty people. Much like in life, the common decent people do not stand out half as much.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#26CELTEKKPosted 6/11/2014 8:51:23 AM(edited)
about 95% of the people who talk shoe here don't have the nuts to do so in real life, so they come here, masked behind the anonymity of the interwebs, to lash out on people that won't/can't break their nose.

that said, those people are probably nice for the 2 hours a day they don't spend behind their computer monitors.
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014
#27KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 9:04:47 AM
Sarcastic != mean. Sarcastic *can* also be mean, but sarcasm is just a form of humor.

CELTEKK posted...
about 95% of the people who talk shoe here don't have the nuts to do so in real life, so they come here, masked behind the anonymity of the interwebs, to lash out on people that won't/can't break their nose.

that said, those people are probably nice for the 2 hours a day they don't spend behind their computer monitors.

I'm actually not so sure about that, based on reading this:

http://tmi.kotaku.com/i-met-a-video-game-troll-in-real-life-and-he-really-pis-1575282798

Yes it's Kotaku, but this one is still worth reading...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#28DarkReign2022Posted 6/11/2014 9:06:33 AM
The majority of gamers are demanding, self-entitled, selfish, arrogant little pricks. That said, the large majority of these types of gamers have only surfaced in the last 2 decades. The further back you dig into the history of the industry, the more you realize how far we've come. Gamers used to be ostracized because videogames were for nerds. We had to stick together and work together to push back against the "bullies". We also had to be appreciative of what we got back in the day because game news and new releases back in the day were scarcer. Now today we have internet journalists that hang on every words developers say and even the slight slip can blow up in their face as their fanbase turns violent. There fanbases are also more violent today because those "bullies" that used to make fun of gamers are now themselves involved in playing videogames thanks to the advent of casual games like Madden, Call of Duty, and Mobile Gaming.
#29dormcastePosted 6/11/2014 9:25:39 AM
Generally... they're sarcastic.
#30codyorrPosted 6/11/2014 12:50:31 PM
Venting is good. When they invent internet police, then the chaos goes back to real life.