This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPU help: Radeon R9 280 vs Nvidia geforce 760 4gb + other questions

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU help: Radeon R9 280 vs Nvidia geforce 760 4gb + other questions
1 year ago#11

The difference never really breaks margin of error territory. I can't find the specific benchmark but the results were identical (aside from just having higher numbers in general) in SLI as well.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
1 year ago#12
You guy's arguing isn't really helping me..

I feel I should reiterate that I'm getting the card for $225 if I go for the 760 4gb, which I believe is still less than the regular model on retail. Plus it was helping out a buddy.

I was mostly wondering if this card would sustain me (will it play anything a ps4 can play?) and if I should get the R9 instead. But it seems that the general opinion is Nvidia supports cards longer.
1 year ago#13
"Playing anything a console can play" really isn't a good question (imho). Games for consoles will be optimized for the systems (even if the console version has worse graphics, etc etc), so having a more powerful hardware in your rig than a console (which 760 or 280 is) won't guarantee that PC versions of games released in the future for consoles will be playable.
Copyright free literature available at otherwise known as Tex-Mex
1 year ago#14
To directly answer your question, TC, $225 might be a good deal, but you have to consider how long he's had it, and if he's stressed it too much. It's only saving you $75 off a brand-new retail model, so, if he's a trustworthy friend whom you feel a need to help, go with that route.

As with the other posters, the 760 will, in the long-term, be better simply due to increased support from nvidia. It will sustain you for a reasonable amount of time (several years) before it becomes unusable. Hell, with an old GeForce 8800GT that I used up until March of this year, I was still able to run many newer titles on medium-low to medium-high.

That card is archaic. Go for helping your buddy.
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
1 year ago#15
Your friend is ripping you off. $225 for a used 760 is a joke.
1 year ago#16
Don't waste your money on a 4GB 760 or 4GB 770. I myself would have the 280. I have a 280X and I love it.
Divided by night...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU help: Radeon R9 280 vs Nvidia geforce 760 4gb + other questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived