This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The AI in Rainbow Six Seige...

#11Ch3wyPosted 6/11/2014 10:15:16 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

"Real" tactics would take the hostage out the window, have her clear from the house in like 30 seconds, and basically police forces/SWAT would retreat and basically lock the house down and get the terrorists to surrender - starve them out or whatever.

That game would be boring as ****.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#12pwnater777Posted 6/11/2014 10:19:43 AM
I'm sorry, but there is literally no way an AI hostage would act that realistic and seriously interact with that drone.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#13KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 10:23:43 AM
Ch3wy posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

"Real" tactics would take the hostage out the window, have her clear from the house in like 30 seconds, and basically police forces/SWAT would retreat and basically lock the house down and get the terrorists to surrender - starve them out or whatever.

True, which is why I say if you're going for so much realism, you end up making the game weirder than it should be. Is the hostage invulnerable in this? Because once SWAT had the hostage, the terrorists really have nothing to gain by "taking" her back - they've lost their bargaining power at that point, so they'd be more likely to just shoot the hostage as well as try to kill as many cops as possible.

It just felt very surreal and disjointed with them appearing to try for so much realism, but then having a totally unrealistic scenario like this.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 10:25:34 AM
pwnater777 posted...
I'm sorry, but there is literally no way an AI hostage would act that realistic and seriously interact with that drone.

Because it's impossible to add an action script to an AI character that makes it react a certain way when the drone gets within a certain radius. Care to explain why there's no way you could do that? A simple "if drone enters X radius of hostage, look at drone and play Y animation"... no way?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#15therickmu25Posted 6/11/2014 10:31:51 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Whoever wrote that script was an idiot tho... I already pointed out several issues I had with that gameplay teaser. Reinforced bar to clip in to on the edge of the roof instead of a gutter, curious how the first little spycam got into the second floor unnoticed (if it's big enough to climb stairs, how do they not immediately see it, and if it's not, how did it get to floor 2), and holy crap - why would they try to fight through all the terrorists instead of taking the hostage right back out the window they just breached?

"Real" tactics would take the hostage out the window, have her clear from the house in like 30 seconds, and basically police forces/SWAT would retreat and basically lock the house down and get the terrorists to surrender - starve them out or whatever. The entire scenario seemed ridiculous from start to finish IMO. Granted it's a game, but why shoot for so much realism and then throw in all this immersion-killing stuff?

Because didn't you notice player 1's name was Xxx3liteSnipersxxx. Have to kill everyone bro.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#16Mackorov(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 10:52:09 AM
Ch3wy posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

lol, agreed. If it were to be realistic, you'll be camping outside the house for hours straight doing nothing while negiotiators try to get the shooters to surrender. And seriously if you think this game lacks realism, look at Payday...