This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh look, PC gamers finally getting their prized console game [GTA5]

#141Sora_AnbuPosted 6/14/2014 9:12:24 AM
Actually, my rig with the 8800 gtx (sli mind you) still runs. And let me tell you that skyrim on that looks better than the last of us. There isn't anything impressive for tlou, aside from the pretty textures.
That rig before I went sli was about $950 when I finished it, only 350 more than the ps3 when it was released (the second card cost me 250). But with steam sales and deals like that, I've got several hundred games for much less then what I could have gotten ps3 games for. Not only that, but I wasn't locked down with a 60 gb HDD, and had a 500 gb drive. If I wanted that for the ps3 that would have been another 150 for the ps3. Also with the video card I got a free copy of Crysis ($60 value at the time). So, that basically brings the difference in price to $140 between the two. Oh, almost forgot, when I got the motherboard it came with a key for Wow and three months of time, so that's another $85 value, bringing the difference to $55.
That rig is able to play most games at 1080 with med settings, but I have it set up on a 720 monitor and it's about to play most games on high. But because I have a newer rig I use the old one as a media server.
So my almost 8 year old computer is still aa much better deal than a ps3 at the time (don't get me started with the 360).
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#142ShebeskiiPosted 6/14/2014 10:54:36 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
GTAIV + mods > GTAV, much like fat chicks + beer > hot chicks.

PC gamer mentality.

Daaayuum.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#143NinjaX2099Posted 6/14/2014 11:14:35 AM(edited)
more like...

aged wine>>>wine from a box>>>>grape juice

---
What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight
#144Kokuei05Posted 6/14/2014 6:36:15 PM
fat chicks need love too
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#145AltmadragonPosted 6/14/2014 6:53:22 PM
NinjaX2099 posted...
more like...

aged wine>>>wine from a box>>>>grape juice

most accurate comparison in this thread.
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#146popoetrPosted 6/15/2014 10:24:20 PM(edited)
foxyReyoko posted...
How am I being hostile? Do you think I care what platform these games are on? Not only am I going to have a gaming PC capable of maxing out GTAV, but it was obvious from the beginning that GTAV will eventually come out on PC. This is no surprise at all. I'm actually concerned about you and your social life... have you ever even kissed a girl in your life?

You know this genuinely confuses me. I don't understand how kissing a girl is some sort of measure of someone's worth? Sure it's nice and all, but do you get an achievement? Is life magically better after kissing girl? Is there some sort of special rewards club for kissing a girl? Does light shine down from the heavens with a booming voice "congratulations life is now complete here's a medal" Hell with enough money you can buy one just like buying a game or just go to any club and with the smallest effort you'll get one.

Using it as an insult indicates marvels about your intelligence and maturity levels but then again to judge someone on based upon what they say on the internet is pretty damn stupid so I'm just going to kick back and enjoy.

Oh and I'd stop repeatedly saying "LOL IMMA GET COMPUTER THAT MAX OUT GTAV SOON" if you say it one more time I'm afraid it'll make you the authority on PC gaming.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.