This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recent MMO's. Need a new one and opinions.

#1shanjoPosted 6/11/2014 10:11:48 AM
Hey guys. I've been Playing gw2 since launch but I'm getting the urge to try something new now. Here's what I take my options as and my experience with them

Wildstar: Played through the alpha's and closed betas, but kinda grew bored of it after level 20 or so, maybe it gets dramatically better though

Elder Scrolls Online: Haven't played it. Love TES series in general but have heard mixed reviews about TESO.

ArcheAge: I'm actually trying this out on the russian server now and am enjoying it. Love all the features in the game.

FFXIV ARR: Hear good things about this game and I'm a fan of FF in general. Love the graphics and hear the main story is decent.

I should also say that I'm no stranger to MMO's. Started with Ragnarok near launch, moved to WoW bounced between several F2P games before landing in guildwars 2 (which I DO still enjoy btw).

Basically, If the game has what I'm looking for (Good community, Large population, Great content and Good art direction) It's fair game. I'm used to most MMO combat systems so that's a non issue. I can take or leave PVP. And I don't mind getting back into the P2P market. I DO enjoy MMO's that can innovate though.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for opinions of anyone who's played these games to help formulate a verdict on my next MMO :)
---
PSN: eh-jhey
#2sockroxPosted 6/11/2014 10:14:33 AM
shanjo posted...
Hey guys. I've been Playing gw2 since launch but I'm getting the urge to try something new now. Here's what I take my options as and my experience with them

Wildstar: Played through the alpha's and closed betas, but kinda grew bored of it after level 20 or so, maybe it gets dramatically better though

Elder Scrolls Online: Haven't played it. Love TES series in general but have heard mixed reviews about TESO.

ArcheAge: I'm actually trying this out on the russian server now and am enjoying it. Love all the features in the game.

FFXIV ARR: Hear good things about this game and I'm a fan of FF in general. Love the graphics and hear the main story is decent.

I should also say that I'm no stranger to MMO's. Started with Ragnarok near launch, moved to WoW bounced between several F2P games before landing in guildwars 2 (which I DO still enjoy btw).

Basically, If the game has what I'm looking for (Good community, Large population, Great content and Good art direction) It's fair game. I'm used to most MMO combat systems so that's a non issue. I can take or leave PVP. And I don't mind getting back into the P2P market. I DO enjoy MMO's that can innovate though.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for opinions of anyone who's played these games to help formulate a verdict on my next MMO :)

Wildstar is very very good. I think you should give it another shot.
ESO i enjoy a lot, but it needs some improvements to bring me back in. I'm currently taking a break from it.
FF:ARR is ok. Its fun and pretty but starts to become a strain and boring towards latter levels. PVP is broken and raiding isn't too bad.
#3KaushadPosted 6/11/2014 10:21:45 AM
I assume you don't want me to say world of warcraft, so I'll say FFXIV.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#4shanjo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 10:23:06 AM(edited)
Thanks for the replies. I might give Wildstar another try. If I do though, I'll probably wait another month or so when things start to settle down a bit.

And as far as WoW is concerned, let's just say I'm done with it :P
---
PSN: eh-jhey
#5sockroxPosted 6/11/2014 10:22:56 AM
shanjo posted...
Thanks for the reply. I might give Wildstar another try. If I do though, I'll probably wait another month or so when things start to settle down a bit.

I like it, and yes great idea! I hope you enjoy it!
#6-5xad0w-Posted 6/11/2014 10:40:05 AM
I greatly enjoy WIldstar except for the PvP. It's a little too spammy.

Damn near every thing else is top shelf though.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#7sockroxPosted 6/11/2014 11:22:02 AM
-5xad0w- posted...
I greatly enjoy WIldstar except for the PvP. It's a little too spammy.

Damn near every thing else is top shelf though.

I actually enjoy the pvp, its chaotic, but fun I thought.
#8AirTeasePosted 6/11/2014 11:24:25 AM
I'd say get FFXIV. I've played all of those games listed and Final Fantasy has stuck with me the most.

I'd say Wildstar but as of right now I'm pretty bored of it. I hear the end game is great but the grind to get there is so boring and repetitive that I don't really want to do it. Only complaint for FFXIV is the lack of voice acting with how much text there is.
#9ThePCElitistPosted 6/11/2014 11:27:25 AM
sockrox posted...
shanjo posted...

Wildstar is very very good. I think you should give it another shot.
ESO i enjoy a lot, but it needs some improvements to bring me back in. I'm currently taking a break from it.
FF:ARR is ok. Its fun and pretty but starts to become a strain and boring towards latter levels. PVP is broken and raiding isn't too bad.

The PVP in online FF games are treated as a mini game to Square-Enix because they focus on PvE content. If you're a hard core PVP person then this may not be the game for you.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#10TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 6/11/2014 11:30:47 AM
I heard ESO was $10 with some added DLC and 30 days free at Wal-Mart and on eBay.
---
Steam: Sydite