This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recent MMO's. Need a new one and opinions.

#21shanjo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 6:22:07 AM
Honestly I'm okay with hotkey combat (especially since I picked up my razer Naga). From what I've seen the atmosphere in FF does seem right up my alley. I can also see the population there holding on for a while given that all platforms can play together (unlike TESO).

I wasn't a fan of the grind in Wildstar during the beta's either...

Another thing I like about both archeage and FF14 is their class/job structure and how you can change to multiple jobs on a single character rather than make a bunch of toons...so I'm leaning in their direction once more. Although the F2P crowd that archeage will draw genuinely worries me a bit
---
PSN: eh-jhey
#22iangeofriesPosted 6/12/2014 6:43:57 AM
Ffxiv is junk. I've played since 1.0 early access. Problem is the hamster wheel is too blatant. Every step you take only serves to IMMEDIATELY make the previous step you took pointless. Gw2 is the only thing I can stomach. ESO isn't bad it's just boring.
---
System: Windows 7 Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Intel 4770k 3.5gz 8GB Ram MSI GTX Geforce 770 OC 2GB AC FC: 4012-3656-4495
#23BigAl519Posted 6/12/2014 6:46:52 AM
xanadoo posted...
ESO is the best of the list, easily, despite the excessive hate on the internet - with maybe the exception of Archage which looks awesome and I want to play

Good one! One of the key aspects to an MMO is its combat. ESO has the worst combat of just about every MMO to date. Its complete trash. Sure the rest of the game is good, but that is one massive factor to take into account when it comes to MMO's.
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#24shanjo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 6:51:12 AM
iangeofries posted...
Ffxiv is junk. I've played since 1.0 early access. Problem is the hamster wheel is too blatant. Every step you take only serves to IMMEDIATELY make the previous step you took pointless. Gw2 is the only thing I can stomach. ESO isn't bad it's just boring.

Just curious, when you say you played since early 1.0 access, do you mean the game before a realm reborn? How much of a realm reborn have you played? Does the "hamster wheel" effect last for mid-end game as well?
---
#25Epicness2012Posted 6/12/2014 7:07:23 AM
Final Fantasy XIV is for some reason the only MMO today(minus GW2, because i haven't played it) today that has managed to hook me. Straight from the start(and even a little before i got the game) i had a good feeling about it and knew i'd go far with it. Though i'm only level 30, and can't renew my subscription until friday. But i still love it and am excited to get back into it.

This goes doubly if you're a FF fan like me. So i recommend you try it out, TC. Since it's only $25 on Amazon and you get a free month when you first register your code that comes with the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#26YukitoRamboPosted 6/12/2014 7:22:38 AM
Epicness2012 posted...
Final Fantasy XIV is for some reason the only MMO today(minus GW2, because i haven't played it) today that has managed to hook me. Straight from the start(and even a little before i got the game) i had a good feeling about it and knew i'd go far with it. Though i'm only level 30, and can't renew my subscription until friday. But i still love it and am excited to get back into it.

This goes doubly if you're a FF fan like me. So i recommend you try it out, TC. Since it's only $25 on Amazon and you get a free month when you first register your code that comes with the game.

You'll be hard-pressed to play the game once you hit LV50. Trust me.
---
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope
#27Chilly0123Posted 6/12/2014 7:47:48 AM
shanjo posted...
Started with Ragnarok near launch

if you enjoyed Ragnarok, look into Tree Of Savior, the closed/open beta is suppose to start this summer.
#28Epicness2012Posted 6/12/2014 7:49:07 AM
YukitoRambo posted...
Epicness2012 posted...

You'll be hard-pressed to play the game once you hit LV50. Trust me.

I've heard some rumors. I guess i'll when i get there.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#29shanjo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 1:08:59 PM
ya just checked amazon and I see $20. I'm down to pay that for the 30 day trial alone. By the time that's up, I'll know If I'll give wildstar another go or not
---