This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Umm I hope I'm not the only one seeing this but the Sims 4

#1Lord_VaderPosted 6/11/2014 9:48:19 AM
looks EXACTLY the same as Sims 3. Like the graphics, gameplay, etc. makes it look like a clone of its prequel. You were always able to have a smart douchebag of a jock or a flirty grandma as shown in the trailer at least since Sims 2. It seems like the series has been hitting a foothill especially in regards to the more recent entries in the series. Sims 2 was a vast improvement over Sims 1, Sims 3 was a slight improvement over Sims 2, and Sims 4 is basically Sims 3 with a different title. I especially can't believe that they were too lazy to change the graphics when the previous one came out 5 years ago. What is going to make me especially pissed off though is the fact that they most likely will cut out content in vanilla Sims 4 that was already in the previous games/expansions so that they can release the plethora of already-seen-in-previous-games DLC for the new one in order to empty the pockets of gullible gamers. Tbh they are milking the franchise at this point and anyone who buys Sims 4 is blindly feeding these unethical business practices and doesn't have the sense to know when they are being taken advantage of.
---
Live long and prosper.
#2Lemur_HPosted 6/11/2014 9:49:16 AM
Of course they are milking it. Who do you think EA is?
#3KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 9:49:33 AM
Character creation is totally different... That'll be enough for some people. :P

I'll admit the character creation tool IS much better than most other games, but I agree it doesn't look all that different.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4SinisterSlayPosted 6/11/2014 9:49:56 AM
It's a great thing then that Sims 3 is still being sold.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5Davel23Posted 6/11/2014 9:50:59 AM
Nah man, Sims 4 is a HUGE improvement over 3! New features like... Origin exclusivity! And... having to be online while playing! Because... cloud... something...
---
Your mom's box.
#6AirTeasePosted 6/11/2014 9:54:14 AM
The circlejerk grows stronger.
#7jessica73Posted 6/11/2014 10:06:23 AM
I don't think you have to be online for the Sims 4, but they have that simsport thing again or something similar and it doesn't look like it will just make the game perform worse, so maybe it'll be okay

Character creation being better (no pudding faces @_@) and the game showing moods and stuff better is nice. Make us not need stuff like nraas and custom neighborhood fixes to actually run the game well and have decent story progression, and I'll get it full price v_v
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#8SpazH3dPosted 6/11/2014 10:12:00 AM
But this time you can give your Sims stomach abs and skinny arms. That's 60 bucks ples.
---
- My vision is augmented
#9ShepardCommandrPosted 6/11/2014 10:46:31 AM
Sims on frostbite engine.......
Now that game i would buy
#10TiredofhearinguPosted 6/11/2014 11:00:32 AM
Don't worry, soon you get to pay to have pets... and then pay to have vacations, then pay to have jobs, and clubs, and cars or whatever the f*** else they try to do to milk this game to no end. It's gonna fly off the shelves...