This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4K Gaming truly is beautiful

#101KillerTrufflePosted 6/12/2014 9:43:57 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
Somebody's jimmies are ruffled. lol

"lol hey gaiz I just made up a bunch of s*** and when someone pointed out how stupid my comments were, I started making fun of him for correcting me lol"
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#102NWalterstorfPosted 6/12/2014 9:45:46 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Semantics. the amount of people that have 20/10 or visual acuity higher than 20/20 is statistically insignificant. Therefore, the best visual acuity you are statistically likely to achieve is 20/20.

Which doesn't matter at all. If you want to settle for mediocrity, go and tend the fields with the rest of the peasants.

Ladies and gentlemen, the great DarkZV2Beta. His super-power is seeing things.
---
"You are playing Skyrim wrong, and you will always play it wrong, because you are asking the right way to play it."
- Confucius
#103Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 9:46:23 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
iimthomas posted...

you need better eyes then. i have horrible eyes and i can see the difference

Eyes have a set capability for vision in human beings, the best being 20/20. The only way 4K is viable to the human eye is if you own a 72 inch monitor/television, and that's being generous.

20/20 is actually average, not the best..

Semantics. the amount of people that have 20/10 or visual acuity higher than 20/20 is statistically insignificant. Therefore, the best visual acuity you are statistically likely to achieve is 20/20.

Which doesn't matter at all. If you want to settle for mediocrity, go and tend the fields with the rest of the peasants.

4K isn't higher quality, it's just bigger quality. If you want to talk higher quality, we'll talk about OLED or something worthwhile to visual quality.
---
Original GTA:O Awesome Creator, 4930K @ 4.7 GHz | 3x GTX 780 Ti SC | 64 GB Dominator Platinum 2133MHz | Rampage III Black Ed.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#104Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 9:50:08 AM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
Somebody's jimmies are ruffled. lol

"lol hey gaiz I just made up a bunch of s*** and when someone pointed out how stupid my comments were, I started making fun of him for correcting me lol"

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/210/c/e/_rustling_intensifies__by_ltdimitri-d6fp4u5.png

But seriously, 20/10 is rare enough to be considered insignificant when talking in reference to vision. If that upsets you, Mr. "Back in my I had that ole' super 20/10 vision" I'm not sorry and I don't care.
---
Original GTA:O Awesome Creator, 4930K @ 4.7 GHz | 3x GTX 780 Ti SC | 64 GB Dominator Platinum 2133MHz | Rampage III Black Ed.
#105KillerTrufflePosted 6/12/2014 9:50:15 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
4K isn't higher quality, it's just bigger quality. If you want to talk higher quality, we'll talk about OLED or something worthwhile to visual quality.

4K is higher quality if it results in increased pixel density...
---
#106Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 9:54:22 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...

4K is higher quality if it results in increased pixel density...

Which only starts becoming apparent on 72-inch monitors, and only really makes a difference at around 84 inch monitors. So if you own a 4K UHDTV that's less than 72 inches, it's virtually pointless.
---
#107KillerTrufflePosted 6/12/2014 9:55:02 AM
Spartan_Vice posted...
But seriously, 20/10 is rare enough to be considered insignificant when talking in reference to vision.

But seriously... whether you consider it "statistically insignificant" or not is irrelevant to your bogus claim that 20/20 is the best. The number of super-tall buildings in the world is "statistically insignificant" too. That doesn't mean you can walk around saying that the tallest a building can possible be built is 1000 feet. The Burj is more than twice that. There is no "semantics" based on average building heights or anything. Factually, claiming the tallest building is 1000 feet would just be wrong, pure and simple.

You made a bogus claim, got caught, and now you're plugging ad hominem and trying to mock people who corrected you. That's it.
---
#108-S0cksForW0ks-Posted 6/12/2014 9:57:12 AM
Why is it called 4k?
#109Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 9:59:19 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
But seriously, 20/10 is rare enough to be considered insignificant when talking in reference to vision.

But seriously... whether you consider it "statistically insignificant" or not is irrelevant to your bogus claim that 20/20 is the best. The number of super-tall buildings in the world is "statistically insignificant" too. That doesn't mean you can walk around saying that the tallest a building can possible be built is 1000 feet. The Burj is more than twice that. There is no "semantics" based on average building heights or anything. Factually, claiming the tallest building is 1000 feet would just be wrong, pure and simple.

You made a bogus claim, got caught, and now you're plugging ad hominem and trying to mock people who corrected you. That's it.

You're definitely more upset at my mistake than I am, though. 20/10 vision users are never in consideration when consumer technology like displays are made, so for this argument, 20/10 vision is irrelevant to the matter at hand. You can accuse me of ad hominem all you want, but you're merely trying to de-rail the actual argument.
---
#110SampsonMPosted 6/12/2014 9:59:51 AM
ITT: Jealous butthurt people

I have a 4K monitor and it's absolutely fantastic. My 1080p monitors look pixelated in comparison. Don't have the VC hardware to do gaming on it yet, though.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby