This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4K Gaming truly is beautiful

#41Lemur_HPosted 6/11/2014 4:03:21 PM
SLi.

-cringe-

SLI, mate. >:(
#42MarceloSampaioPosted 6/11/2014 4:05:51 PM
haeloo posted...
The human eye can't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k.

Yes, it can. Mine can, and if yours can't... you REALLY need glasses.

Or a new brain.
---
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/
#43KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 4:12:27 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
haeloo posted...

Yes, it can. Mine can, and if yours can't... you REALLY need glasses.

Or a new brain.

This is also not 100% accurate... whether you can resolve the difference or not depends on screen size and the distance you are from it. At normal distance of 2-3 feet from your monitor, 4k is pretty much the max the eye can resolve on a reasonably large screen (don't recall whether it was 24" or 27" - I'd have to look up the specifics and do the math again). On a 60" screen at a typical viewing distance, 4k is also pretty much the max you can resolve. Anything more than that in typical screen sizes, and you're exceeding the angular resolution of the eye.

Not to say there might not still be a use for higher resolutions, but for typical use, additional detail would simply be lost on the viewer.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#44Sergei_DukanovPosted 6/11/2014 4:14:23 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
ARMEDnPISSED posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Instead of wasting all that money on extra parts, I can go in and put it towards my cars. Which is FAR more rewarding than trying to have a urination contest with other people online.

This comment has an implication that "car hobbies are better than computer hobbies." Particularly when you post it on a PC board. ESPECIALLY when you throw comments like this out there: "Congratulations, I hope your skin doesnt burn when exposed to direct sun light."

How can you claim you weren't implying cars are better than computers with comments like those? "Instead of wasting money on computer parts..." and calling computer enthusiasts vampires, but it was supposedly "blown out of proportion? Sheah.

http://i.imgur.com/XAxaV.gif

Between dumb crap like this and that absolutely stupid and childish topic about GTA V coming to PC and "PC gamers finally getting their prized game", I don't even know how you can still come to this board anymore, KT.

Eh... some days are worse than others, and there have been times I've had to just close the tab for the day because the stupid just got too out of control. But it's usually still an active board, and does have less trolling than most of the other console boards and stuff. At least this board is relatively relaxed overall. I tried one of those Tech Support forum boards, and they were ridiculously uptight, modding for ridiculous things (you think GFAQs is bad? try getting modded because you suggest that someone might *not* need a 1200W PSU to safely run SLi 560 Ti's), and just everyone so full of themselves. At least here there are jokes, sarcasm, and a more laid-back attitude...

If I wanted to get away from stupid completely, I'd basically have to quit the internet.

what website was that? And here I thought gamefaqs was bad. I just come here to kill time. But all I see is flaming left and right. And I agree with you. The internet brings out the best out of most people.
---
FX 8350 R9 290 crossfire.
#45ToboeAkaPosted 6/11/2014 4:15:32 PM
TC why post 4k screens on imgur? It has all that lossy compression :(
#46KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 4:18:40 PM
I believe it was actually called "Tech Support Forum." People there are quite insane.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#47Virtue777Posted 6/11/2014 4:37:00 PM
haeloo posted...

LMAO!
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#48IzicialPosted 6/11/2014 4:41:15 PM
SpazH3d posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Ill rather spend the money on car parts and other misc things than buying parts for a pc. Oh look, my pc is this much better than yours. Congratulations, I hope your skin doesnt burn when exposed to direct sun light.

Look, a jealous person. You really shouldn't act like this when you have some PC hardware in your sig.

I GOT A CAR AND I MADE IT LOUD!!!! HERP DERP.

But serious go screw yourself. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting the best of the best in ANYTHING.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#49ChargrilledPosted 6/11/2014 4:48:19 PM
What resolution is 4k?
Its not 4000pixels vertically is it?
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#50MUD VIPERPosted 6/11/2014 4:51:54 PM
It may have no relevance, but why play a game at 4k when the developers are still using 1-2k maps for the in game assets?
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.