This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4K Gaming truly is beautiful

#51sylverlololPosted 6/11/2014 4:52:10 PM
Looks great to be sure, but I wonder if whomever took those really enjoys the game at sub 30 fps...especially considering how hung up so many PC gamers get on 60 fps. O.o
---
"You need to get your point out in one or two paragraphs. This is a message board, not a therapy session." - TreGooda
#52hitokiri13Posted 6/11/2014 4:52:15 PM
lol Isn't that same thing Sergei?

If that's the case I can say this.
I rather pay for bills and food than waste money on car parts.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#53ToboeAkaPosted 6/11/2014 4:54:15 PM
Chargrilled posted...
What resolution is 4k?
Its not 4000pixels vertically is it?

3840x2160
#54IzicialPosted 6/11/2014 4:54:33 PM
MUD VIPER posted...
It may have no relevance, but why play a game at 4k when the developers are still using 1-2k maps for the in game assets?

Pretty much this.

Perhaps some modded games like Skyrim might benefit were people have created loads of very high res textures.

I would say 4k anything is quite a ways off from being used regularly.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#55KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 4:59:55 PM(edited)
Chargrilled posted...
What resolution is 4k?
Its not 4000pixels vertically is it?

3,840 2,160

EDIT: That's "consumer 4k" - industry standard 4k is supposed to be 4096 x 2160. And that's horizontal, not vertical. Horizontal is the bigger number.

---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#56ThescyyPosted 6/11/2014 5:03:53 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...

Eh... some days are worse than others, and there have been times I've had to just close the tab for the day because the stupid just got too out of control. But it's usually still an active board, and does have less trolling than most of the other console boards and stuff. At least this board is relatively relaxed overall. I tried one of those Tech Support forum boards, and they were ridiculously uptight, modding for ridiculous things (you think GFAQs is bad? try getting modded because you suggest that someone might *not* need a 1200W PSU to safely run SLi 560 Ti's), and just everyone so full of themselves. At least here there are jokes, sarcasm, and a more laid-back attitude...

If I wanted to get away from stupid completely, I'd basically have to quit the internet

That's hilarious. It's amazing how uninformed some people can be about things but yet be convinced they know more than anyone.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 2133mhz | 780TI Classified | Samsung 830 256GB | 12TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#57SilverSwiftPosted 6/11/2014 5:06:17 PM(edited)
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
SpazH3d posted...
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Ill rather spend the money on car parts and other misc things than buying parts for a pc. Oh look, my pc is this much better than yours. Congratulations, I hope your skin doesnt burn when exposed to direct sun light.

Look, a jealous person. You really shouldn't act like this when you have some PC hardware in your sig.

Nah, I have two pcs, a test bed and one that I modify to one up my brother every time he upgrades. Probably gonna sell them both. It plays games just fine without issues. And I need to update the sig, sold one of the R9 290's.

Its just something new comes out and the crowd goes have to have it and everything else sucks. Or if your pc cant do this, you are human garbage. Thats what the new gaming mentality for the PC segment has turned into. 1080p, then 2k and now 4k. Sure, it looks better and better. But a game shouldnt be created just on looks. Most of them lack sustenance. And I wont even bring up all the damn flaming.

Instead of wasting all that money on extra parts, I can go in and put it towards my cars. Which is FAR more rewarding than trying to have a urination contest with other people online.

Dat hypocrisy.
---
Currently playing: Torchlight II, Symphony, Awesomenauts.
#58KillerTrufflePosted 6/11/2014 5:05:27 PM
I just noticed another interesting point - he complains about the flaming, but several of his posts are total flame bait. Do you seriously expect to come to a PC board, mock the hobby as a whole as well as the enthusiasts, and *not* be flamed? Gee... I wonder why he gets flamed so much.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#59Combo MasterPosted 6/11/2014 5:05:29 PM
Izicial posted...
Pretty much this.

Perhaps some modded games like Skyrim might benefit were people have created loads of very high res textures.

I would say 4k anything is quite a ways off from being used regularly.

it's here right now.... What's gonna hold me back is gonna be buying the right 4k tv for a price that would have to make sense rather than having the right pc for it. Also the 20mn to give gpu's a big performance has been delayed until the Geforce 900 series next year.
---
Combo Master
#60LordOfLegaciesPosted 6/11/2014 5:06:11 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Ill rather spend the money on car parts and other misc things than buying parts for a pc. Oh look, my pc is this much better than yours. Congratulations, I hope your skin doesnt burn when exposed to direct sun light.

If you don't wanna talk about computers then why are you here?
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG