This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dragon Age: Origins still a viable game to play in 2014?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Dragon Age: Origins still a viable game to play in 2014?
2 years ago#21
Last year? Yeah. This year? No way.
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
2 years ago#22
YoungAdultLink posted...
I dunno, I think my copy expired last month. It smells a little bit, but there's nothing growing on it so I don't wanna throw it away.

I've heard that video games are good for up a month after the expiration date. I usually buy my video games in bulk and stick them in the freezer so they last a really long time.
2 years ago#23
Yeah its still a good game today. The graphics were a bit simple when the game even came out originally, so don't expect anything mind blowing there. The combat is fun and the story is good. I would get the complete edition if possible.
2 years ago#24
DA:O is the best game Bioware has ever put out that didn't also have Black Isle/Obsidian on the box.
2 years ago#25
DiviDude posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
I dunno, I think my copy expired last month. It smells a little bit, but there's nothing growing on it so I don't wanna throw it away.

I've heard that video games are good for up a month after the expiration date. I usually buy my video games in bulk and stick them in the freezer so they last a really long time.

I tried this but one game got freezer burn because the packaging wasn't sealed properly, so a lot of the air got in. As a result, all of the characters in the game appeared older.

Play them before their expiration date, don't risk the freeze.
"You are playing Skyrim wrong, and you will always play it wrong, because you are asking the right way to play it."
- Confucius
2 years ago#26
I liked DA:O

Disliked most DLC *a couple pieces were ok/good*

Disliked Awakening

Disliked DA 2

And I'd still recommend playing through vanilla DA:O. Great game.
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
2 years ago#27
It's clunky gameplay with a generic story and setting. Hard to get into if you haven't played it back then.
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... 3DS/Wii U: maurypov1ch ... Steam: callmaury
u want sum ___?
2 years ago#28
TheApd_Returns posted...
It's clunky gameplay with a generic story and setting. Hard to get into if you haven't played it back then.

Derp...
2 years ago#29
I play old games for the story and characters. Not gameplay or graphics. Tetris? No. SNES jrpg Chrono Trigger? Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Dragon Age: Origins still a viable game to play in 2014?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived