This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dragon Age: Origins still a viable game to play in 2014?

#21HighOnPhazonPosted 6/11/2014 8:08:22 PM
Last year? Yeah. This year? No way.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#22DiviDudePosted 6/11/2014 8:10:22 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
I dunno, I think my copy expired last month. It smells a little bit, but there's nothing growing on it so I don't wanna throw it away.

I've heard that video games are good for up a month after the expiration date. I usually buy my video games in bulk and stick them in the freezer so they last a really long time.
#23foodeater4Posted 6/12/2014 8:25:37 AM
Yeah its still a good game today. The graphics were a bit simple when the game even came out originally, so don't expect anything mind blowing there. The combat is fun and the story is good. I would get the complete edition if possible.
#24Hi CPosted 6/12/2014 8:57:51 AM
DA:O is the best game Bioware has ever put out that didn't also have Black Isle/Obsidian on the box.
#25NWalterstorfPosted 6/12/2014 9:04:09 AM
DiviDude posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
I dunno, I think my copy expired last month. It smells a little bit, but there's nothing growing on it so I don't wanna throw it away.

I've heard that video games are good for up a month after the expiration date. I usually buy my video games in bulk and stick them in the freezer so they last a really long time.

I tried this but one game got freezer burn because the packaging wasn't sealed properly, so a lot of the air got in. As a result, all of the characters in the game appeared older.

Play them before their expiration date, don't risk the freeze.
---
"You are playing Skyrim wrong, and you will always play it wrong, because you are asking the right way to play it."
- Confucius
#26dementedlullabyPosted 6/12/2014 9:04:53 AM
I liked DA:O

Disliked most DLC *a couple pieces were ok/good*

Disliked Awakening

Disliked DA 2

And I'd still recommend playing through vanilla DA:O. Great game.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#27TheApd_ReturnsPosted 6/12/2014 9:07:07 AM
It's clunky gameplay with a generic story and setting. Hard to get into if you haven't played it back then.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... 3DS/Wii U: maurypov1ch ... Steam: callmaury
u want sum ___?
#28Hi CPosted 6/12/2014 3:40:34 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
It's clunky gameplay with a generic story and setting. Hard to get into if you haven't played it back then.

Derp...
#29SneakiestNegPosted 6/12/2014 4:21:26 PM
I play old games for the story and characters. Not gameplay or graphics. Tetris? No. SNES jrpg Chrono Trigger? Yes.