This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody here refuse to pay for unnecessary DLC ? POLL

#31Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 6/12/2014 7:33:57 AM(edited)
There's an oxymoron... unnecessary DLC? If it's worth a crap and changes the game, it gets lifted to "expansion" status. DLC is a dirty word for meaningless side crap you can live without.

Anyways, i pick option E. I wait and buy the GOTY (if I hadn't bought the game already), I wait for a great DLC sale (hasn't happened yet), or I just don't get it at all (typically).
#32TheEntitledOnePosted 6/12/2014 7:33:04 AM
All DLC is unnecessary, just like video games.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#33Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 7:35:41 AM
CatToy posted...
I buy what I want to buy.

This, I don't let some arbitrary categorization of what people consider "of value" define how I make my purchases. I buy what pertains to me because I'm an independent individual who doesn't need the suggestions of the masses or the producer in order to make decisions.
---
Original GTA:O Awesome Creator, 4930K @ 4.7 GHz | 3x GTX 780 Ti SC | 64 GB Dominator Platinum 2133MHz | Rampage III Black Ed.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#34Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 6/12/2014 7:38:37 AM
TheEntitledOne posted...

Entertainment is a life necessity. Therefore, to some, video games are in fact necessary. You'll understand this when you become senile like me.
#35Spartan_VicePosted 6/12/2014 7:46:03 AM
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
TheEntitledOne posted...

Entertainment is a life necessity. Therefore, to some, video games are in fact necessary. You'll understand this when you become senile like me.

Entertainment isn't physically necessary to life. You don't die from lack of entertainment. Socializing is necessary for mental health, but to say in order to live you need entertainment is just silly, a subjective truth.
---
Original GTA:O Awesome Creator, 4930K @ 4.7 GHz | 3x GTX 780 Ti SC | 64 GB Dominator Platinum 2133MHz | Rampage III Black Ed.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#36Killah PriestPosted 6/12/2014 7:47:43 AM
Depends

if there is a game of the year edition with all of the DLC I usually get that otherwise I'll just buy the major ones that actually add content that isn't just a skin or a weapon.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#37NemerlightPosted 6/12/2014 7:53:48 AM
I rarely buy DLC because by the way time they release i already finished and sold/delete my games.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#38DiviDudePosted 6/12/2014 7:57:33 AM
If it sounds interesting and worth the money, then I'll buy it. Typically it'll be a campaign though. But I don't harbor any bulls*** pretensions about taking a stand against "money grubbing" corporate greed or silly tripe like that.
#39MaximoomPosted 6/12/2014 8:01:40 AM
Only DLCs I regret buying was from Hitman Absolution. At least it was 80% off.

I though it was some extras weapons/disguises to use on the campaign. Not just early unlock content that are already in the game, for a game mode that dont need the dlc to be used.
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#40majinbuu58Posted 6/12/2014 8:14:15 AM
CatToy posted...
I buy what I want to buy.

This. But generally, if i really enjoy the game, i'll buy most, if not all, of the dlc
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64