This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theres a bug inside my monitor

#31MonkeymagePosted 6/12/2014 10:03:05 AM
Sorry Al, I didn't have time to pore over articles on the internet to bolster my knowledge, appearing as though I'm an expert on the subject and thereby impressing you. Also I just didn't care.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#32NWalterstorfPosted 6/12/2014 10:15:04 AM(edited)
I want to let everyone know how often I make sure to correct people on a daily basis on the essence of what makes an ant, an insect. I mean, daily I stop by my neighbor's house as he gets home from work. His wife opens the door for him, and when he approaches he says "be sure not to let any insects in," and I'm sure to yell out "AND BUGS TOO!" from a distance.

My life is more complete this way.

The other day I was walking in a park, and there was this kid standing by the side of the pavement, wearily looking at a King Cobra. He said "be careful, it's poisonous!" I'll have you know that I PROMPTLY corrected him and said "HE'S NOT POISONOUS, HE'S VENOMOUS!" so loud that his mother snatched him up and carried him away. She intends to correct him on this important matter, no doubt. I feel like I did my job that day.
---
"You are playing Skyrim wrong, and you will always play it wrong, because you are asking the right way to play it."
- Confucius
#33ClouddxPosted 6/12/2014 10:33:41 AM
He'll eventually crawl out; just be patient and don't try to kill him in there, or you're never getting him out.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#34zerodefectPosted 6/12/2014 10:48:07 AM
NWalterstorf posted...
I want to let everyone know how often I make sure to correct people on a daily basis on the essence of what makes an ant, an insect. I mean, daily I stop by my neighbor's house as he gets home from work. His wife opens the door for him, and when he approaches he says "be sure not to let any insects in," and I'm sure to yell out "AND BUGS TOO!" from a distance.

My life is more complete this way.

The other day I was walking in a park, and there was this kid standing by the side of the pavement, wearily looking at a King Cobra. He said "be careful, it's poisonous!" I'll have you know that I PROMPTLY corrected him and said "HE'S NOT POISONOUS, HE'S VENOMOUS!" so loud that his mother snatched him up and carried him away. She intends to correct him on this important matter, no doubt. I feel like I did my job that day.

You sir have just won this thread.
---
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU
#35ShubPosted 6/12/2014 10:57:08 AM
BigAl519 posted...
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Aren't insects just a kind of bug? Like squares and rectangles

Bugs and insects are two different things and are defined by their characteristics. This is grade 3 science. Don't know why so many are struggling with it. Its the same difference as reptile and amphibian.

Goddammit what the **** is wrong with you. Firstly, this most definitely is not "grade 3 science". With that being said, everything you said is wrong.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#36chandl34Posted 6/12/2014 11:39:03 AM
Wikipedia counts crabs as a type of bug. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug

Be careful a hermit crab doesn't hide in your monitor to ward off predators.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#37WyzeGyePosted 6/12/2014 11:53:45 AM
Shub posted...
Firstly, this most definitely is not "grade 3 science".

I would normally never dream of correcting you, shub. But in my experience, this is grade 3 science.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#38ShubPosted 6/12/2014 11:56:17 AM
Finer points of entomology in the third grade?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#39WyzeGyePosted 6/12/2014 12:02:35 PM
naw, just the fact that bugs and insect aren't interchangeable.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#40CELTEKKPosted 6/12/2014 12:09:50 PM
BigAl519 posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Spartan_Vice posted...
BigAl519 posted...
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Aren't insects just a kind of bug? Like squares and rectangles

Bugs and insects are two different things and are defined by their characteristics. This is grade 3 science. Don't know why so many are struggling with it. Its the same difference as reptile and amphibian.

To be fair, "Bugs" are an order of insects, not all insects are Bugs, if we're going by scientific slang. However, in layman's terms, bugs are any non-aquatic Arthropod. Just as consumer definition differs from industry definitions, most popular definitions differ from their scientific definition, like how fruit and vegetable are a popular/culinary form of organization and not the same as how science would organize certain vegetation.

You should have asked him what the defining characteristics of a bug were. You blew it!!!

Que the guy who doesn't understand a single thing of what either of us said but comes along with a "ya, what he said".

Bugs are characterized by their tough forewings, lack teeth and have a stylet.

Insects are characterized by three-part bodies, usually two pairs of wings, and three pairs of legs.

queue*
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014