This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are there any games like diablo 3 you can make money?

#11Spidey555Posted 6/12/2014 9:04:05 AM
You have to own Diablo first to make moneyOrgeLambart posted...
Spidey555 posted...
Sell steam cards from games.

well that would require you to own the game first, and wouldn't be a very good way of making money. Unless you mean mine the marketplace and buy cards for cheap and sell for high, even then the money wouldn't be worth it.

You have to own Diablo first to make money
---
PS4: Spidey555
Steam: Spidey555
#12paramite12Posted 6/12/2014 12:26:09 PM
Try Team Fortress 2. I made over $20 selling stuff I didn't even realize I had on there one time.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#13KojaxFXPosted 6/17/2014 10:39:55 PM
Well you could play a ton of Dota 2 and sell the items that drop on the community market for $0.03
---
Video games are awesome :D
#14PsythikPosted 6/17/2014 10:42:34 PM
Eve Online a.k.a. Spreadsheet Simulator

paramite12 posted...
Try Team Fortress 2. I made over $20 selling stuff I didn't even realize I had on there one time.
You can sell stuff on TF2!? I have a ton of crates that I'll never open that I wouldn't mind making a few bucks off of, some from way back when they were first introduced. Do they increase in value the longer you hang on to them?
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#15dennis941012Posted 6/17/2014 10:54:31 PM
Psythik posted...
Eve Online a.k.a. Spreadsheet Simulator

paramite12 posted...
You can sell stuff on TF2!? I have a ton of crates that I'll never open that I wouldn't mind making a few bucks off of, some from way back when they were first introduced. Do they increase in value the longer you hang on to them?

no not really got any earbuds or bills?
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#16TheSchrefPosted 6/17/2014 11:41:09 PM
Outside of becoming a very popular streamer/professional gamer/popular youtuber, there isn't really anything worth doing with games to make money. Just play your games for fun. If you have a job, then I can't see why you're trying to make money off D3 or any game. My friend had a good 400 hours in D3 and made 100 bucks before they took away the RMAH. 90 of that 100 came off 1 lucky item, lol.

If he was actually playing for money instead of for fun, like he was, and he had a job instead for those 400 hours, then he'd probably have around $2200 with a minimum wage job. Trying to make money of games is stupid unless you're one of the three things I listed earlier.
#17Rolen47Posted 6/17/2014 11:45:40 PM
Psythik posted...

Yes here:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/

Don't expect your crates to sell, there are literally millions of crates in the market and they don't sell very fast. Keys are very easy to sell on the market, basically trade all your items for metal and then trade metal for keys can get you a few bucks.
#18NemerlightPosted 6/18/2014 1:25:27 AM
Become a LoL streamer. Some of them claim they get like 5-10k per month if not more.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
#19Garage_ManPosted 6/18/2014 1:43:28 AM
I've thought about streaming some stuff...I just don't think there is a market for it...well not for what id do.

Play minecraft and upload it! Thousands of people do that.
#20DarkLagunaPosted 6/18/2014 3:23:20 AM
You can make money gold/rare item farming or character selling in MMO's as well, but it's got to be horrendously boring and low paying. Not to mention you'd have to take a further hit selling it to the gold farming sites unless you set up some reliable way to sell it without a middleman.

Really, looking to gaming to make money isn't going to work. Either it involves something incredibly tedious (gold farming ,etc), requires you to have god-tier luck (selling an incredibly rare item, like some people did in D3), or even in the best cases (like the early days of Second Life, or a few rare MMO guilds based around selling high level loot) you have to set up something akin to an actual business.

It basically amounts to working at it like you would a real job, except in 99.9% of cases it's much more tedious and low paying. You'd make more per hour working entry level fast food than trying to gold farm or get lucky with item drops, and it wouldn't be as soul-shatteringly boring.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...