This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that you can put a lot of hours into?

#21foodeater4Posted 6/12/2014 12:09:45 PM
Check out Starbound if you liked Terraria
#22_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 6/12/2014 12:56:42 PM
Mostly online multiplayer games. But honestly any game within the following genres are the ones I have poured hundreds (ok, so maybe thousands) of hours into.

-MOBA
-RTS
-FPS
-Action RPG
-MMO

I think these are the ones that traditionally people play tons. Usually (but not always) to keep it interesting the games need to have some kind of online component to keep people entertained.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#23LordOfLegaciesPosted 6/12/2014 12:59:48 PM
Lemur_H posted...
ARMA 3 - 128 hours
ARMA 2 - A hell of a lot more than 3
Borderlands 2 - 192 hours
Dark Souls - 78 hours
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 52 hours
Dungeon Defenders - 131 hours - I actually don't recommend this one. The developers destroyed it with constant DLC releases.
Morrowind - 44 hours, or so Steam says. I've been playing this game long before I ever bought it on Steam.
Oblivion - 120 hours
Skyrim - 426 hours
New Vegas - 115 hours
Far Cry 3 - 98 hours - All single player.

Garry's Mod - 109 hours
Just Cause 2 - 37 hours
Killing Floor - 48 hours
Left 4 Dead 2 - 81 hours
PAYDAY - 41 hours
Call of Pripyat - 87 hours
Clear Sky - 27 hours
Shadow of Chernobyl - 73 hours

Saints Row 3 - 59 hours
Civlization V - 94 hours
Space Engineers - 21 hours
Terraria - 205 hours

I would love to see your mod lists for the bolded titles.
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG
#24pwnater777Posted 6/12/2014 1:01:24 PM
Civilization V
FTL: Faster Than Light
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
ArmA
The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Day One: Garry's Incident
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#25Lemur_HPosted 6/12/2014 1:18:11 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
I would love to see your mod lists for the bolded titles.

You're going to be disappointed... :(

ARMA 2 - just STMovement when dedicated servers allow it. Maybe the WarFX : Blastcore (improved particle effects) and an improved audio mod if I feel like downloading the packages for it.

Morrowind - just high resolution texture packs that improve weapons and armor. Improve, rather than replace entirely... I don't like what some people do to textures... Some other "modifications" to improve stability.

Skyrim - high resolution textures, static mesh improvement, water and terrain enhancement, real glaciers, better embers, kill moves - no blur, upgrade leveled items, random alternate start, unread books glow, enhanced blood textures, no spinning death animation, enhanced soundtrack, skyui

New Vegas - modifications to help with stability.

Far Cry 3 - usually none. Maybe a mod to unlock wingsuit at the beginning of the game.

Call of Pripyat - either Complete or a series of AtmosFear and Absolute Textures mods. Typically stuff made my Cromm. I haven't gotten around to play Misery. Saving that one for the future. ^^

Clear Sky - just Complete.

Shadow of Chernobyl - just Complete. Tried other mods, couldn't get into them.

Civilization V - no mods. Haven't messed with that games modding community. Yet...

Not a huge modder... I can often find enjoyment in a game without messing with it.
#26FenrirFirePosted 6/12/2014 2:01:57 PM
Mount and Blade
#27zeroroutePosted 6/12/2014 2:06:06 PM
Osu (rhythm game). The amount of content keeps growing and growing.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#28yjui11111111111Posted 6/12/2014 2:15:33 PM
I'd say any of Bethesda's open world games.
Civ 5
Garry's Mod can clock some hours, but it's hit or miss. some people love it some don't.
Team Fortress 2 is great and free!
---
3DS FC:2707 2660 3592
WARNING! Your opinions may vary.
#29ZeppelinFan777Posted 6/12/2014 2:17:22 PM
Counter-Strike
---
http://i.imgur.com/NT7FiqI.gif?1 | http://i.imgur.com/o32jepb.gif
http://i.imgur.com/cJJfEGw.gif | http://i.imgur.com/LcqYqIY.png?1
#30CoolFangsPosted 6/12/2014 2:25:30 PM
Pretty much any MMO will have you spending hundreds, if not thousands of hours.
I personally have spent over 3000 hours playing World of Warcraft. A couple other good ones are Rift and Guild Wars 2. PlanetSide 2 is pretty awesome as well. If you're into MOBAs League of Legends, Dota 2, and Smite are pretty much the big ones right now. Honestly it really depends what kind of genre you're into.
---
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314