This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MOBAs

#41yarsPosted 6/12/2014 1:47:40 PM
But yes, I absolutely think you're lying your ass off for the record.

well, it's at least nice that you managed to formulate an opinion someone else didn't tell you to have. of course it's still wrong, but what can we expect?
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#42KillerTrufflePosted 6/12/2014 1:48:46 PM
pitt12177 posted...
RTS > MOBA

Stop arguing, moba folks. It's not worth it. A semi-pro RTS player SMASHES the best MOBA player.

At what? RTS or MOBA?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#43KillerTrufflePosted 6/12/2014 1:49:38 PM
yars posted...
But yes, I absolutely think you're lying your ass off for the record.

well, it's at least nice that you managed to formulate an opinion someone else didn't tell you to have. of course it's still wrong, but what can we expect?

You haven't done anything to prove otherwise, and your claims are dubious at best.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#44Worknofun370Posted 6/12/2014 1:50:34 PM
yars posted...

Maybe one day when you know what someone means when they ask you what SC2 league you made it to I'll listen to what you have to say.
#45yarsPosted 6/12/2014 1:51:15 PM
You haven't done anything to prove otherwise, and your claims are dubious at best.

i've given you reasons why starcraft has a higher skill cap than dota 2. you've told me your friends claim otherwise, and something about teamwork.

which of the reasons i gave seem dubious?
---
#46Worknofun370Posted 6/12/2014 1:52:40 PM
yars posted...
've given you reasons why starcraft has a higher skill cap than dota 2. you've told me your friends claim otherwise, and something about teamwork.

Wrong person bud.
#47yarsPosted 6/12/2014 1:53:08 PM
Maybe one day when you know what someone means when they ask you what SC2 league you made it to I'll listen to what you have to say.

it's funny because i criticized you for your need to appeal to authority to formulate an opinion, your response was that you do respond to arguments, then you went right ahead and ignored my arguments, and then ignored me altogether when you decided i wasn't an authority.
---
#48yarsPosted 6/12/2014 1:53:50 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
yars posted...
've given you reasons why starcraft has a higher skill cap than dota 2. you've told me your friends claim otherwise, and something about teamwork.

Wrong person bud.

which of my arguments seem dubious?
---
#49Worknofun370Posted 6/12/2014 1:58:03 PM(edited)
yars posted...

it's funny because i criticized you for your need to appeal to authority to formulate an opinion, your response was that you do respond to arguments, then you went right ahead and ignored my arguments, and then ignored me altogether when you decided i wasn't an authority.

Appealing to authority on something you're openly ignorant about is a good thing. It's logical and fair. Using it in an argument to say why I'm right is where it can become illogical. (Can too, it's not immediately wrong or a fallacy)

I'm not ignoring your arguments, I'm simply saying they're not convincing for me. I have yet to make the claim that MOBA's are harder than an RTS or vice versa. So I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting here.

And yes, if you're making the claim that a MOBA is much easier at high skill levels than SC2, I'm going to expect you have experience at those high skill levels, or at a minimum have a lot of time into those games.

Seeing as you don't even know what someone means when they ask you what league you made it to, I'm skeptical you ever played at a high skill level on SC2. Seeing as you won't back up your 1200 hour claim in DOTA 2, I'm skeptical you ever played at a high level there (or played it period)
#50Tyranius2Posted 6/12/2014 2:00:23 PM
Just came in to say this:

I don't care if people say RTS games are easier. I could become a pro in SC2 and never be able to reach 4k MMR in DotA 2, simply because of teammates. In a RTS game your skill decides the game, in mobas you can only do so much alone, if you have a crap team [which is what happens to me 8 out of 10 games roughly] then yeah, game over.

What I'm trying to say is, RTSes are "easier" in the sense that if you are actually good at the game you will climb consistently, there's nothing holding you back. In DotA 2, if you are good at the game you still won't climb consistently because of the absolute s***-tier teammates you get, bringing you down.

So you see, I'd rather have my own skill decide if I sink or swim instead of relying on the dumbasses I get matched with, which is why I think that amateur level SC2 is way easier to play at than amateur level DotA.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius