This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to buy The Sims 3 + expansions, but not sure where to buy from...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to buy The Sims 3 + expansions, but not sure where to buy from...
2 years ago#11
Maximoom posted...
Unless you are running out of HDD space, I dont see how expansions quantity would affect performance.

Even running a few expansions the game becomes a buggy mess. Sims failling through the floor and getting stuck in weird places. I can't imagine the brain ache it would take to play Sims 3 with all expansions.

I'd just wait for SIms 4. Sims 3 is still pretty pricey on it's own.
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
2 years ago#12
origin are having a massive sale right now
2 years ago#13
nickizgr8 posted...
Even running a few expansions the game becomes a buggy mess. Sims failling through the floor and getting stuck in weird places. I can't imagine the brain ache it would take to play Sims 3 with all expansions.

I'd just wait for SIms 4. Sims 3 is still pretty pricey on it's own.

First, the base game has a lot of content for its price, and at $9.99 or lower I think it's a pretty good deal. The expansions are a much harder sell, for sure.

Anyway, most of the bugs can be fixed by resetting individual sims via mods such as the nraas master controller (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController), and considering how easy this is to do, it shouldn't stop you from buying a game that you would otherwise like. I've had to do this twice I think (although i don't have many expansions), and you don't lose any progress to do so.
2 years ago#14
Steam doesn't have all of the expansions for sale anymore while I believe that Origin still does (Katy Perry licensing reasons)

Steam also has a slightly different build number each time which is incompatible with Awesomemod - which was one of the more popular mods for a while but has kind of fallen out of style lately

So really it doesn't matter but with this game there's a few perks to choosing Origin instead of Steam I think - however mild they may be
We Americans will never take over the world. We're far too lazy.
We'll outsource the task to India, and then take the credit for it. ~ Waffleman
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I want to buy The Sims 3 + expansions, but not sure where to buy from...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived