This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to buy The Sims 3 + expansions, but not sure where to buy from...

#11nickizgr8Posted 6/12/2014 3:38:23 PM
Maximoom posted...
Unless you are running out of HDD space, I dont see how expansions quantity would affect performance.

Even running a few expansions the game becomes a buggy mess. Sims failling through the floor and getting stuck in weird places. I can't imagine the brain ache it would take to play Sims 3 with all expansions.

I'd just wait for SIms 4. Sims 3 is still pretty pricey on it's own.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#12johnny_payPosted 6/12/2014 3:46:41 PM
origin are having a massive sale right now
#13SmoboHashPosted 6/12/2014 4:10:58 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
Even running a few expansions the game becomes a buggy mess. Sims failling through the floor and getting stuck in weird places. I can't imagine the brain ache it would take to play Sims 3 with all expansions.

I'd just wait for SIms 4. Sims 3 is still pretty pricey on it's own.

First, the base game has a lot of content for its price, and at $9.99 or lower I think it's a pretty good deal. The expansions are a much harder sell, for sure.

Anyway, most of the bugs can be fixed by resetting individual sims via mods such as the nraas master controller (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController), and considering how easy this is to do, it shouldn't stop you from buying a game that you would otherwise like. I've had to do this twice I think (although i don't have many expansions), and you don't lose any progress to do so.
#14walnut100Posted 6/12/2014 7:34:30 PM
Steam doesn't have all of the expansions for sale anymore while I believe that Origin still does (Katy Perry licensing reasons)

Steam also has a slightly different build number each time which is incompatible with Awesomemod - which was one of the more popular mods for a while but has kind of fallen out of style lately

So really it doesn't matter but with this game there's a few perks to choosing Origin instead of Steam I think - however mild they may be
---
We Americans will never take over the world. We're far too lazy.
We'll outsource the task to India, and then take the credit for it. ~ Waffleman