This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I have Witcher and Witcher 2

#1nickizgr8Posted 6/12/2014 4:40:04 PM
Would it be necessary for story to play through Witcher 1 first or am I okay to play through 2 then back to 1 when I feel like it.

I tried playing a bit of 1 today and I couldn't take the game seriously at all. Between the laughable Voice acting and the BEWB physics the game didn't really draw me in that well. The only thing I could keep thinking while playing the game was that I could be playing witcher 2.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#2mrtywerPosted 6/12/2014 4:52:18 PM
Story gets recapped in 2, 1 is unnecessary, but some feel the sword control is better. I loved 2. Never played 1
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#3Orestes417Posted 6/12/2014 4:53:39 PM
I think I appreciated the story in the first game more after playing the second game than I did the first time through. It puts a somewhat different spin on how you look at some of the characters
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 6/12/2014 5:13:20 PM
theres a LOT of story in one in which they recap the main events in 2, but youll still be lost on a lot of smaller details if you dont play the first or hell youll be lost of stuff if you didnt read the damn books.

basically you can get by without playing the first.
---
Currently playing: Wolfenstein TNO - Transistor - Dishonored