This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a term for that off-window/screen button location?

#1ajko000Posted 6/12/2014 10:13:16 PM
By which I mean, if you move your mouse to the very corner of your screen and are still able to hit the buttons within that general area, is there a term for that? Like, with Windows 7 Aero, even though your mouse isn't technically on the close button, you can still close it using that button, as it still represents itself as being hovered over by your mouse. This also occurs on YouTube's video player, when in fullscreen, if you move your mouse to the very bottom right of your screen and left click, it will exit fullscreen even though your mouse is technically off the button.
#2jedinatPosted 6/12/2014 10:17:35 PM
What the heck are you talking about. Why should there be a name for a specific user convenience programming decision like that?
#3ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 10:21:24 PM
jedinat posted...
What the heck are you talking about. Why should there be a name for a specific user convenience programming decision like that?

I don't know, I wish Steam had it in terms of its own close button, as well as other windows. I just wish I could say, >term< should be a standard.
#4Treason686Posted 6/12/2014 10:26:22 PM
I have no clue what you're talking about.
---
I <3 segfault
#5jedinatPosted 6/12/2014 10:27:42 PM
Treason686 posted...

I'm guessing he maximizes all his windows and wants to be able to just ram his pointer in the top right corner and click to close things...
#6ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 12:11:04 AM
jedinat posted...
Treason686 posted...

I'm guessing he maximizes all his windows and wants to be able to just ram his pointer in the top right corner and click to close things...

YES THIS! It just seems like common sense you know? Idk, just really bored and it crossed my mind.
#7GTRagnarokPosted 6/13/2014 1:57:23 AM
This is why tabs were put on top. Makes switching them with a mouse effortless.
---
Wow. Very sig. Such original. Wow.
#8MrBombasticaIPosted 6/13/2014 2:07:32 AM(edited)
If you're referring to the ability to click while the mouse isn't on screen, it's because the clicker actually clicks at the very top point of the mouse icon, not any other part. Since only that side line needs to be visible to click at the top point, that's all you see.

If you mean the ability to click the very top right corner of a screen where the button technically isn't, that's just programming convenience and sometimes is used as part of design (have a smaller button, but you can still click as normal).

Dunno if there's a name for it.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where the girls are made up, and the guys don't matter.
[This deletion was moderated at the administrator of a user or request.]