This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are intake fans called? I'm having trouble shopping for fans where the gril

#11HamJabroniPosted 6/13/2014 5:58:56 AM
ElDudorino posted...
Wait, I just realized that power supply units usually have grills over the fans. Mount a bunch of power supplies all over your computer. Note that they will blow hot air.

Make sure it's at least 1000W Platinum too
#12AlleRacingPosted 6/13/2014 7:36:03 AM
I think Silverstone Air Penetrators have grills built in.
#13KillerTrufflePosted 6/13/2014 9:58:17 AM
If you're mounting this in your case, unless your case is just a wide open empty frame, you don't need a fan with a grill of any kind. :P Your case will take care of that function.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14BogePosted 6/13/2014 10:58:30 AM
Every spot you put a fan on in your case, there is already a "grill" to keep bigger things out, I guess.

No fan has a grill. You simply mount the fan on the inside of your case, and depending on which way the blades are facing, it will either pull air into the case from outside it, or blow the air from inside your case outside your case. Get it? So you want a fan or two, or however many, pulling air in, and then a fan or two, or however many, pushing the air back out. Of course you want them configured so the air flows smoothly through your case.