This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. List of computer manufactures you will never buy from
1 year ago#1
For me it's MSI and ADATA. Both are the only computer companies that constantly I mean constantly provided me with products that fail to function reliably. Who have you perma blacklisted from spending your money on?
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450-- BIOSTAR TA970
1 year ago#2
HP laptops. Never had one die on me that wasn't covered by a recall notice but they've all run so hot they're literally painful to use. The one that was recalled actually ran so hot it burned my leg while I was using it in my lap.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
1 year ago#3
PhilOnDez posted...
HP laptops. Never had one die on me that wasn't covered by a recall notice but they've all run so hot they're literally painful to use. The one that was recalled actually ran so hot it burned my leg while I was using it in my lap.

I actually owned the DVT7's when they first first launched for a few thousand dollars. I can confirm that even with a massive air cooler underneath and being brand new, the laptop ran extremely hot.
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450-- BIOSTAR TA970
1 year ago#4
I had a Toshiba satellite laptop catch fire while I was using it. Only bad experience so far, but I wouldn't blacklist Toshiba I don't think...
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
1 year ago#5
Agree with HP laptops, they are garbage tier.
---
Oda break tracker 2014- 4 (3)
1 year ago#6
Toshiba. My laptop broke 5 times luckily all breakages were all under warranty. One time I sent it off. Got it back and it broke within a day so I had to send it back again.

Decided to give them the benafit of the doubt when I went to go get my new TV it was on offer so I decided to get it. Within a few months the TV started having a sound problem were the sound would randomly get cut out and get replaced with a high pitch beeeeeep. I'd have to turn of my TV and turn it back on to fix which was a problem when flying a helicopter in BF. If I didn't turn it off after a minutes the TV wouldn't turn off from the remote or the side buttons and I'd have to turn it off at the plug. I also have burn in at the bottom of the screen too.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
1 year ago#7
HP is on my permanent s*** list. Just low quality junk that breaks within a year of getting it.

Toshiba laptops are prone to drastic overheating to the point of damage. Will never buy another.
1 year ago#8
HP has been alright for me, but all of mine have had really f***ing loud fans and still ran rather hot.

Acer is an absolute no for me, low quality pieces of plastic that simply fall apart within 8 months of buying them.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
1 year ago#9
Idk I like HP. They have run a little warm sometimes but that's my fault for getting the ones with AMD cpus and the a nvidia/amd gpu.

Acer..gigabyte..Toshiba.

They aren't bad but I've just never liked their designs.
1 year ago#10
Really msi? Used a gd65 in my current build and it works wonderfully and personally I never buy acer the laptops I've gotten for them never lasted more then a year and my dads acer monitor actually had the panel crack for no reason.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived