This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

#132x2zPosted 6/13/2014 11:31:42 AM
For me it's MSI and ADATA. Both are the only computer companies that constantly I mean constantly provided me with products that fail to function reliably. Who have you perma blacklisted from spending your money on?
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450-- BIOSTAR TA970
#2PhilOnDezPosted 6/13/2014 11:34:03 AM
HP laptops. Never had one die on me that wasn't covered by a recall notice but they've all run so hot they're literally painful to use. The one that was recalled actually ran so hot it burned my leg while I was using it in my lap.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#332x2z(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 11:36:55 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
HP laptops. Never had one die on me that wasn't covered by a recall notice but they've all run so hot they're literally painful to use. The one that was recalled actually ran so hot it burned my leg while I was using it in my lap.

I actually owned the DVT7's when they first first launched for a few thousand dollars. I can confirm that even with a massive air cooler underneath and being brand new, the laptop ran extremely hot.
---
APEVIA X-Hermes--CORSAIR H75--G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB-- ADATA SSD 128GB--AMD FX 8320 Black Edition @ 4.1ghz--Powercolor 2GB 7850 @ 1050/1450-- BIOSTAR TA970
#4TheNazzaroPosted 6/13/2014 11:38:21 AM
I had a Toshiba satellite laptop catch fire while I was using it. Only bad experience so far, but I wouldn't blacklist Toshiba I don't think...
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#5voldothegr8Posted 6/13/2014 11:39:49 AM
Agree with HP laptops, they are garbage tier.
---
Oda break tracker 2014- 4 (3)
#6nickizgr8Posted 6/13/2014 11:48:16 AM
Toshiba. My laptop broke 5 times luckily all breakages were all under warranty. One time I sent it off. Got it back and it broke within a day so I had to send it back again.

Decided to give them the benafit of the doubt when I went to go get my new TV it was on offer so I decided to get it. Within a few months the TV started having a sound problem were the sound would randomly get cut out and get replaced with a high pitch beeeeeep. I'd have to turn of my TV and turn it back on to fix which was a problem when flying a helicopter in BF. If I didn't turn it off after a minutes the TV wouldn't turn off from the remote or the side buttons and I'd have to turn it off at the plug. I also have burn in at the bottom of the screen too.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#7LvthnPosted 6/13/2014 12:10:13 PM
HP is on my permanent s*** list. Just low quality junk that breaks within a year of getting it.

Toshiba laptops are prone to drastic overheating to the point of damage. Will never buy another.
#8ggf162Posted 6/13/2014 12:15:08 PM
HP has been alright for me, but all of mine have had really f***ing loud fans and still ran rather hot.

Acer is an absolute no for me, low quality pieces of plastic that simply fall apart within 8 months of buying them.
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
#9Garage_ManPosted 6/13/2014 12:25:36 PM
Idk I like HP. They have run a little warm sometimes but that's my fault for getting the ones with AMD cpus and the a nvidia/amd gpu.

Acer..gigabyte..Toshiba.

They aren't bad but I've just never liked their designs.
#10Neo_PortaPottyPosted 6/13/2014 12:30:52 PM
Really msi? Used a gd65 in my current build and it works wonderfully and personally I never buy acer the laptops I've gotten for them never lasted more then a year and my dads acer monitor actually had the panel crack for no reason.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!