This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

#11Incendia_IntusPosted 6/13/2014 11:34:09 AM
Dell, whom I had a prebuilt from and the PSU popped a capacitor and caught on fire. I also had a laptop from them that burnt up on the second day of use, and a monitor full of dead pixels.

Acer, who, let us be serious, just sucks at everything.

Razer, if they count. Never bought anything but peripherals from them, but they've all sucked ass when it comes to working for more than a few months.
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
#12Lonestar2000Posted 6/13/2014 12:15:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13cancerstormPosted 6/13/2014 1:01:48 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
HP laptops. Never had one die on me that wasn't covered by a recall notice but they've all run so hot they're literally painful to use. The one that was recalled actually ran so hot it burned my leg while I was using it in my lap.

first two/three years my old hp laptop ran warm, sometimes hot

now into its 7th year and it's unbearably hot
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#14SinisterSlayPosted 6/13/2014 1:06:34 PM
Asus and toshiba.
None of my toshibas have lasted more than a year, but they are doing better than my Asus, of my Asus items:
Monitor - speakers broken
Mother board - Dual Channel ram broken
Nexus 7 *2, - One of them spontaneously cracked, the other is fine so far.
Laptop, g74sx - two mother boards later its finally functional, but apparently has the 560m glitch that appeared after the 314 drivers.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15IzicialPosted 6/13/2014 1:11:47 PM
Alienware - Over priced trash
Apple - See above but add useless to that.
Dell and Acer - are both cheap for the specs you get but they generally don't last very long.

Asus seems to be the brand that does me the best.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#16darkus_fPosted 6/13/2014 1:17:46 PM(edited)
Wow I had no idea that HP products were that bad... :/ I had an HP laptop that lasted freakin years with no problems whatsoever.

Never buying Apple products. Overpriced garbage.
---
2DS: 0447-5073-6549 | Steam: darkus_f | Rig: i7-3770, 12GB, GTX750, 700W
NP: Pokemon Y, Skyrim, Dissidia Duodecim
#17somebadlemonadePosted 6/13/2014 1:27:37 PM
heh, my mom's hp laptop is still running after 8 years of super light usage, sure the v and i keys don't work, but with a cheap usb keyboard it's still running, on the same install that it came with from the factory, and god is it slow, i mean like 15 minutes to bootup, though i think it lasting so long are two fold, luck and picking low power parts

i'll never buy a complete desktop, unless i'm too old to still build one or you can't build one anymore

i won't buy from apple, since i really dislike their OS and their mediocre hardware for highend prices
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#18Lonestar2000Posted 6/13/2014 1:40:36 PM
HP laptops - seem to overheat a lot
Dell laptops - crappy build quality
Razer - crappy build quality
AMD GPUs - AMD drivers are crappy compared to Nvidia
Apple - I have an iPhone and I hate iOS.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#19codyorrPosted 6/13/2014 1:46:29 PM
Apple - I've never given a single cent to this company.
#20KillerTrufflePosted 6/13/2014 1:53:04 PM
Apevia/Aspire
Diablotek
Rosewill (they've gotten better, but still leave a bad taste in my mouth)
Lite-On (same - better, but bad track record for me)
iBuyPower
CyberpowerPC

Those all immediately come to mind, with Apevia/Aspire blowing away the competition in terms of s*** brand.

As for HP, I have an old HDX16 that still works, even after being dropped once. Yes, they do run hot, but I fixed that years ago by getting a tilting lapdesk that allows for full, unobstructed airflow underneath the laptop and haven't had it overheat once. In fact, I've been wishing the bloody thing would die already so I have more reason to get a new laptop. The HP is slow as heck now, even after factory restore, and it's bulky and heavy. But until it dies, it's hard to reason for getting a new one.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23