This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

#31KillerTrufflePosted 6/13/2014 2:30:55 PM
Pepys Monster posted...
I'll never purchase a Seagate hard drive again. One of them died on me after a month and made me lose over a terabyte of data. I RMAed it and sold it to my brother.

Uh... you mean you sold the replacement to your brother? I don't quite get how you can return it to the manufacturer *and* sell it to your brother...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#32datopgamerPosted 6/13/2014 2:31:56 PM
Biostar - had 2 bad mobos from them before getting a refund.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#33DC07301981Posted 6/13/2014 2:42:27 PM
I had an eMachines way back in the day when I was in college. I needed a low budget computer for school. You sure get what you pay for. Disc drive broke within a month, computer was an all around mess. Paid like $400 for it, I think.

Other than that I never really had a problem with any type of computer hardware. I had a Toshiba laptop that I dropped by accident when I was moving and it destroyed the hard drive, but that was my fault. Computer ran like a champ before that.

I've had more hardware failures with game consoles over the years than PC's. I take care of my stuff, but had the worst luck when I used to game on consoles last generation. I went through three XBox 360's and three PS3's, all with different hardware failures.
#34Garage_ManPosted 6/13/2014 2:45:11 PM
Cllerj posted...
mikewu1 posted...
voldothegr8 posted...
mikewu1 posted...
Corsair

Troll post?

No, I never buy corsair items and refuse to.

Why? They make very good products.

Ehh....they are the Asus of the world.
#3556ninjasPosted 6/13/2014 2:54:32 PM
I've had really bad luck with ASUS motherboards so I'm going to stay away from them for a pretty long time until I decide to give them another shot.
#36AppleJeZusPosted 6/13/2014 2:56:52 PM
Anything made by Dell because of their practices, HP Laptops because every single one that I have gotten has had a faulty track pad, and Toshiba laptops because they all have died on me within 48 hours of purchasing.
---
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
#37FTC_BlueStreakPosted 6/13/2014 2:58:54 PM
Well I see I'm not the only one here who despises HP as well.
My laptop that I had gotten during a Black Friday Sale ran for about only a year before the fans began to sound like a jet taking off and running hot enough to heat a small orphanage. PLUS I had to use it for programs like Photoshop and such with just, what, 2GBs of RAM I think? It was the worst. The. WORST.
And no wonder every single one of my technologically-inept relatives have troubles with their computers, because they're ALL HPs as well >:c
---
"You're like the Ralph Wiggum of real life. Turn around for two seconds, catch you eating glue and crayons."
#38AmirygonPosted 6/13/2014 3:00:30 PM(edited)
Assuming we're also speaking about hardware and not just brandname computers (I don't buy prebuilt computers anyways) - Alienware, Apple, Asus (mainly just motherboards and video cards), Dell, Hewlett-Packard/Compaq, Razer, Steelseries, and I think that's about it. All for the same reasons (product quality).

---
It is the fact you are offended, quite frankly, that offends me.
#39MaxCHEATER64Posted 6/13/2014 3:03:30 PM
Apple anything
ASUS anything, especially monitors and motherboards
-Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. for actual computers, even if I did buy prebuilts which I don't

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#40mjc0961Posted 6/13/2014 3:18:11 PM
Lvthn posted...
HP is on my permanent s*** list. Just low quality junk that breaks within a year of getting it.

This. Goes for anything they make. Especially printers.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game