This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. List of computer manufactures you will never buy from
1 year ago#31
Pepys Monster posted...
I'll never purchase a Seagate hard drive again. One of them died on me after a month and made me lose over a terabyte of data. I RMAed it and sold it to my brother.

Uh... you mean you sold the replacement to your brother? I don't quite get how you can return it to the manufacturer *and* sell it to your brother...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
1 year ago#32
Biostar - had 2 bad mobos from them before getting a refund.
Posted using GameFlux
1 year ago#33
I had an eMachines way back in the day when I was in college. I needed a low budget computer for school. You sure get what you pay for. Disc drive broke within a month, computer was an all around mess. Paid like $400 for it, I think.

Other than that I never really had a problem with any type of computer hardware. I had a Toshiba laptop that I dropped by accident when I was moving and it destroyed the hard drive, but that was my fault. Computer ran like a champ before that.

I've had more hardware failures with game consoles over the years than PC's. I take care of my stuff, but had the worst luck when I used to game on consoles last generation. I went through three XBox 360's and three PS3's, all with different hardware failures.
1 year ago#34
Cllerj posted...
mikewu1 posted...
voldothegr8 posted...
mikewu1 posted...

Troll post?

No, I never buy corsair items and refuse to.

Why? They make very good products.

Ehh....they are the Asus of the world.
1 year ago#35
I've had really bad luck with ASUS motherboards so I'm going to stay away from them for a pretty long time until I decide to give them another shot.
1 year ago#36
Anything made by Dell because of their practices, HP Laptops because every single one that I have gotten has had a faulty track pad, and Toshiba laptops because they all have died on me within 48 hours of purchasing.
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
1 year ago#37
Well I see I'm not the only one here who despises HP as well.
My laptop that I had gotten during a Black Friday Sale ran for about only a year before the fans began to sound like a jet taking off and running hot enough to heat a small orphanage. PLUS I had to use it for programs like Photoshop and such with just, what, 2GBs of RAM I think? It was the worst. The. WORST.
And no wonder every single one of my technologically-inept relatives have troubles with their computers, because they're ALL HPs as well >:c
"You're like the Ralph Wiggum of real life. Turn around for two seconds, catch you eating glue and crayons."
1 year ago#38
Assuming we're also speaking about hardware and not just brandname computers (I don't buy prebuilt computers anyways) - Alienware, Apple, Asus (mainly just motherboards and video cards), Dell, Hewlett-Packard/Compaq, Razer, Steelseries, and I think that's about it. All for the same reasons (product quality).

It is the fact you are offended, quite frankly, that offends me.
1 year ago#39
Apple anything
ASUS anything, especially monitors and motherboards
-Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. for actual computers, even if I did buy prebuilts which I don't

"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
1 year ago#40
Lvthn posted...
HP is on my permanent s*** list. Just low quality junk that breaks within a year of getting it.

This. Goes for anything they make. Especially printers.
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. List of computer manufactures you will never buy from

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived