This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... Java Update for 32 and 64 bit versions have been "Preparing" for a while..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So... Java Update for 32 and 64 bit versions have been "Preparing" for a while..
1 year ago#1
So I have Avast, and the Software Updater told me stuff needed updating. Ok, cool, updated Adobe and other stuff. Oh what a surprise, more trouble with Java.... It's been "Preparing" for 20 minutes now.
1 year ago#2
End task, uninstall Java, then manually install Java:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
1 year ago#3
Rolen47 posted...
End task, uninstall Java, then manually install Java:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I didn't end the task, because it said Access Was Denied, but I did reboot. Still nothing. Do I have to end the task, if so, how?
1 year ago#4
Uninstall Java and never use it again. It's the reason for 90% of browser viruses
---
Ron Paul 2012
1 year ago#5
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Uninstall Java and never use it again. It's the reason for 90% of browser viruses

I would but I play games from time to time that need it.
1 year ago#6
VeryDarkSoul posted...

Most browsers require a plugin to use the Java runtime on a system, disable the plugin and you never have to worry about it, and you can enable it as necessary.

ajko000 posted...
I would but I play games from time to time that need it.

If those games don't run in your browser (e.g. Minecraft), you can do what I just explained without affecting your ability to play those games.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So... Java Update for 32 and 64 bit versions have been "Preparing" for a while..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived