This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Diablo 3 worth trying?

#1r7gerrabbitPosted 6/14/2014 5:19:16 PM
I don't expect it to be like D2. Put in hundreds of hours into that.

But does it stand on its own as a decent game for a play through or two?
---
Sig.
#2Orestes417Posted 6/14/2014 5:21:22 PM
Fun fact: most of the people whining about it at launch were several dozen hours into the game or more. Yeah, it can be a fun ride at times. I actually prefer parts of it to D2. Main flaw was the linearity of the chapters and the atrocious drop rate.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 6/14/2014 5:21:26 PM
ye
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4Fade2black001Posted 6/14/2014 5:21:42 PM
Yea. But I wouldn't pay full price for it though. If you are gonna get D3 then its a must to have the expansion as well with it. So keep that in mind

Also expect the story to be crap as well.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5Orestes417Posted 6/14/2014 5:24:49 PM
Never got the story complaints, other than the fact you had to sit through it. How many people who played D2 actaully cared about the story as anything but a backdrop for wanton carnage?
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#6YOeastonYOPosted 6/14/2014 5:25:43 PM
Do not pay full price. I put a fair amount of time into it, and did enjoy it. It just didn't have that replayability as Diablo II. It runs smooth and I really did like some of its features and new items.

Its worth going through the game with the characters a few times. Heck, maybe you'll like it just as much as D2. Its a good game that simply doesn't have the longevity as its predecessor.
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 6/14/2014 5:30:20 PM
the vanilla game is practically obsolete and can't remember if it was the same with D2 or not since the level cap was the same.

vanilla alone isn't worth it but there's also no guarantee you'll like the gameplay that much either with how the skill system and itemization works, so getting both is also a risk.

your first run through the campaign will probably take around 8-10 hours(including act 5) and after that you'll just spend the rest of the time in adventure mode unless you start a new character.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#8CatToyPosted 6/14/2014 5:36:11 PM
Don't pay full price? You pretty much CAN'T pay full price. Diablo 3 is 20 dollars anywhere you buy it, and Amazon has Reaper for 30.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#9LorthremarPosted 6/14/2014 5:36:21 PM
Patches made it a ton better. The expansion is also pretty great (expansions are something Blizzard has always been good at).
---
http://i.imgur.com//1FCppEB.gif
#10MrTunaPosted 6/14/2014 5:36:52 PM
no play Path of exile.
its free on steam
---
Playing: Link Between Worlds | Fire Emblem Awakening
3DS FC: 0619 - 5150 - 4796