This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Build Advice?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Build Advice?

User Info: kyte97

kyte97
2 years ago#1
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/fNdGnQ

Not entirely sure what the ins and outs are, a friend put this together for me. I'm between choosing a Razer Deathadder 2013 and Logitech G400s for a mouse. Suggestions for a headset would also be nice.

Thanks.
Lali-Ho!

kyte97
2 years ago#2
bump
Lali-Ho!

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
2 years ago#3
Why are there parts with no prices? Whats your budget
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.

kyte97
2 years ago#4
I'm not sure, but overall the tower cost a bit under 1400 without peripherals, don't really want it costing more than that unless its necessary.

But a budget for a headset or peripherals? I'd prefer something entry level around $70. I was looking into a Turtle Beach X12 since its around that price.
Lali-Ho!

kyte97
2 years ago#5
bump
Lali-Ho!

User Info: BannedMom

BannedMom
2 years ago#6
Help this kid guys
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.

User Info: Pepys Monster

Pepys Monster
2 years ago#7
Either choose a micro ATX case or get an ATX motherboard.
i5-3570K | GTX 780 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | Z77 Extreme4 | EA-650 Platinum

kyte97
2 years ago#8
Pepys Monster posted...

Why's that? I thought the case supported micro ATX?

Also, if I decide to get an SSD later would I be able to change it so it boots the OS from there?
Lali-Ho!

kyte97
2 years ago#9
bump
Lali-Ho!

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#10
kyte97 posted...
Pepys Monster posted...

Why's that? I thought the case supported micro ATX?

Also, if I decide to get an SSD later would I be able to change it so it boots the OS from there?

To your first question, it's just silly to limit your future upgrade options on purpose by getting a MicroATX motherboard. People get MicroATX motherboards because they want a smaller PC or they just don't care about upgradability and any motherboard will do the job. If you want a MicroATX case, then a MicroATX motherboard is justified and you should get a MicroATX case. Otherwise, an ATX motherboard should be your only choice.

To your second question, yes, though you'll probably want to do a clean install of the OS onto the SSD.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Build Advice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived