This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinion on the new Battlefield?

#11Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 6:00:08 PM(edited)
chimichanga XD posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
This, also unrealistic cops & robbers.

Oh hey, let's rob an armored truck.
Whoa, the cops! Ok... standard...
ALL OF A SUDDEN CRANES FALLING DOWN SKYSCRAPERS HELICOPTERS LAVS RPGS OMG

Might be a valid complaint if the series had ever been about realism. BF is a Michael Bay wet dream, always has been. Over the top ridiculousness is par for the course and frankly expected.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#12AcquirePosted 6/15/2014 6:04:01 PM
Seems like more of the same. I find it odd how this is being marketed as it's own stand alone thing. Seems like something that could've easily been added as dlc to BF4. It definitely doesn't make sense why it's a full price retail release. I won't be buying it, but other than BC2, I've never been a fan of the BF games.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#132Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 6/15/2014 6:07:11 PM
Didn't BF4 just come out? Shouldn't they be working on fixing that first?
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#14Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 6:14:21 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Didn't BF4 just come out? Shouldn't they be working on fixing that first?

Bout 6 months ago, will be a year when Hardline hits. Different team entirely and BF4 is still actively being adjusted now. Last patch improved the single biggest issue that was left considerably.

As for the DLC thing... yeah I don't see how anyone in their right mind with decent experience with both games thus far can think Hardline would remotely work as an expac.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#15CrissaegrimPosted 6/15/2014 6:19:38 PM
Haven't played it but it looks like an awful cash grab. I'd be interested in a cops vs robbers game if it didn't have stupid stuff like medic revives, self revives, rocket launchers and explosives that aren't used primarily as a utility weapon vs armored trucks, unlimited parachutes, attack choppers, levolution, Doritos spotting system etc.
#16swatkiller546Posted 6/15/2014 6:27:18 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
R.I.P. Battlefield Franchise

Bad Company 2's memory will live on in my heart.

same here and from I remember it had more destruction, well to me that is.
---
"I am going to blow out your candles!"
#17KillerzOverHerePosted 6/15/2014 6:33:35 PM
Orestes417 posted...
chimichanga XD posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...

Might be a valid complaint if the series had ever been about realism. BF is a Michael Bay wet dream, always has been. Over the top ridiculousness is par for the course and frankly expected.

for a bf fanboy you do diss the game a lo
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#18WyzeGyePosted 6/15/2014 6:34:33 PM
feels like a 20 dollar game so far. That's not to say it's bad, but it's not a full featured game.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg [My Rig + Specs] - - - - http://youtu.be/cfh4MK6kW3w
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#19FaPaThYPosted 6/15/2014 6:44:03 PM(edited)
$60 for what's basically BF4 DLC.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#20Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 6:37:04 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...
Orestes417 posted...
chimichanga XD posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...

for a bf fanboy you do diss the game a lo

Do I? I consider the fact it's a Michael Bay wet dream to be one of the main selling points. It's precisely what's right about the series. Jumping into a combined arms sandbox and pulling off utterly ridiculous stunts. If I wanted realism I'd be playing ARMA, which started before BF even existed.
---