This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinion on the new Battlefield?

#21jake-sfPosted 6/15/2014 7:37:40 PM
BF3 and forward is a joke, why even bring it up?
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#22Blobs_Posted 6/15/2014 7:38:56 PM
I told the "Wet Michael Bay's Dream" thing to my friend, who loves battlefield, and he fanboy raged at me about how "REALISTIC" the gameplay is.

This doesn't add anything to the conversation but I felt like I should say it.
---
is haha
#23Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 7:41:39 PM
Blobs_ posted...
I told the "Wet Michael Bay's Dream" thing to my friend, who loves battlefield, and he fanboy raged at me about how "REALISTIC" the gameplay is.

This doesn't add anything to the conversation but I felt like I should say it.

LOL. Your friend is a little slow if he thinks the series is or has ever been "realistic". Moments like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Cj26zq9YY are what makes the series worth playing,
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#24Jprime666Posted 6/15/2014 7:41:54 PM
It seems alright to me, but not nearly worth the $70 EA is asking for it. Aside from the cops/robbers aesthetic it feels like something that should be a BF4 DLC/expansion. They could just as well have added the heist and blood money game modes to a BF4 DLC, added a few new guns, and a small handful of new maps.

I might grab it if it somehow gets as low as $30 around the holidays.

Of course when the game is released maybe it'll be excellent and I'll change my mind.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#25HypereiaPosted 6/15/2014 7:48:55 PM
BF3/4 reskin in most respects. That's not to say there isn't a notable amount of new content however.

I did have quite a bit of fun with it thus far, but the question everyone is wondering: Is it worth ~$60? I'd say no.

Feels like a lot of the same if you've been playing BF3/4.

For $30, it would be a much better contender.

Lastly, long live BC2!
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#26Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 7:57:37 PM(edited)
Jprime666 posted...
It seems alright to me, but not nearly worth the $70 EA is asking for it. Aside from the cops/robbers aesthetic it feels like something that should be a BF4 DLC/expansion. They could just as well have added the heist and blood money game modes to a BF4 DLC, added a few new guns, and a small handful of new maps.

I might grab it if it somehow gets as low as $30 around the holidays.

Of course when the game is released maybe it'll be excellent and I'll change my mind.

If Heist and Blood money were the only game modes, and if there wasn't a major shift in the way the guns handle, the way the loadouts are built, and the theme of the game I might agree. That's not remotely the case. Hardline will probably end up about the size BF3/4 were at launch. We know the tentative names if not the actual details of at least 6 game modes from the leaks, 10 maps would be about the standard to assume for the initial set and I'm going to assume the arsenal ends up somewhere between BF3 and BC2 in size.

Basically if people want to call Hardline an expac they need to turn around and retroactively call 2142 and Vietnam expacs as well (though to be fair there was rumbling about Vietnam's timing after the BF2 announcement 3 months later). That's the amount of content we're talking, this isn't a case of BF:BC2 Vietnam or BF 1943 with 4 levels and a handful of guns on preexisting modes. Now if people want to debate the quality of what's on show, that's a different discussion entirely, but the DLC thing is just plain pants on head stupid.

Oh and if history is any indicator I'll bet it'll be $30 somewhere within the first month due to Black Friday.

---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#27jakisthePosted 6/15/2014 8:02:07 PM
Orestes417 posted...
chimichanga XD posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
This, also unrealistic cops & robbers.

Oh hey, let's rob an armored truck.
Whoa, the cops! Ok... standard...
ALL OF A SUDDEN CRANES FALLING DOWN SKYSCRAPERS HELICOPTERS LAVS RPGS OMG

Might be a valid complaint if the series had ever been about realism. BF is a Michael Bay wet dream, always has been. Over the top ridiculousness is par for the course and frankly expected.

I find it a lot easier to mentally accept when it's not cops doing it. I mean, I guess I can imagine an actual army getting involved in city-toppling battles, but if it's cops....wouldn't they call the national guard?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#28iPr0kkaFTWPosted 6/15/2014 8:03:37 PM
Garbage. Even some mod I play on ArmA 2 called Island Life can simulate cops vs. robbers a million times better.
#29Lemur_HPosted 6/15/2014 8:03:57 PM
No, no military.

Bringing in actual military would get it dangerously close to a proper Battlefield game.
#30Orestes417Posted 6/15/2014 8:07:18 PM(edited)
jakisthe posted...
Orestes417 posted...
chimichanga XD posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
This, also unrealistic cops & robbers.

Oh hey, let's rob an armored truck.
Whoa, the cops! Ok... standard...
ALL OF A SUDDEN CRANES FALLING DOWN SKYSCRAPERS HELICOPTERS LAVS RPGS OMG

Might be a valid complaint if the series had ever been about realism. BF is a Michael Bay wet dream, always has been. Over the top ridiculousness is par for the course and frankly expected.

I find it a lot easier to mentally accept when it's not cops doing it. I mean, I guess I can imagine an actual army getting involved in city-toppling battles, but if it's cops....wouldn't they call the national guard?

The premise is far fetched to begin with, about the closest thing that's actually happened was the North Hollywood Bandits and that was one of the incidents that made police forces look into more specialized SWAT units. Basically pretend it's a Schwarzenegger movie, turn the part of your brain that's responsible for disbelief off and enjoy the things going boom.

iPr0kkaFTW posted...
Garbage. Even some mod I play on ArmA 2 called Island Life can simulate cops vs. robbers a million times better.

I'm sure it could. Might actually matter if they were trying to simulate cops vs robbers in the first place. It's a context for the action nothing more. They aren't trying to do realistic cops vs robbers any more than Mario is trying to do realistic plumbers.

---