This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinion on the new Battlefield?

#610cu_87Posted 6/16/2014 9:34:34 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Squad spawning is one of the defining elements of the series and one of the biggest differences from something like CoD. It's also one of the single best elements of the series.

Your opinion. In my opinion, it makes bases redundant and the game absolutely chaotic.
#62Orestes417Posted 6/16/2014 9:38:10 PM
Translation, the series isn't and never will be for you and merely looking at it is a waste of time.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#63Hunter_mkPosted 6/16/2014 10:19:02 PM
it plays like BF4, feels like a mod, and is a very unrealistic cop and robbers game, they approved this **** instead of a BF2143 ***** EA
---
3ds FC: 1993-8547-2772
PC, PS3, 3DS gamer
#64Orestes417Posted 6/16/2014 10:25:48 PM
And how precisely would 2143 be any less a mod in your eyes. Think real carefully now, don't want to hurt myself when I hit the floor laughing. You'd be trading visual styles. That's it.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#65RequiemPosted 6/16/2014 11:02:45 PM
Hunter_mk posted...
it plays like BF4, feels like a mod, and is a very unrealistic cop and robbers game, they approved this **** instead of a BF2143 ***** EA

I first had similar thoughts when I heard the news. Military game for cop and robbers? Then I realized we're talking about American police system where we regularly use military tactics.

So, while the game may not be good (or it might be), it certainly isn't unrealistic.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#66Sir_Burpalot21Posted 6/16/2014 11:51:21 PM
2142 was often criticized as EA selling a mod for BF2.
The thing is, 2142 offered a lot of improvements to the class system, leveling, and created it's own unique style which garnered it a respectable following. It was never as popular as BF2, but it stood out on it's own.

Hardline however offers no improvements to the formula and keeps all the flaws introduced with BF3 and BF4 while failing to deliver it's own unique style.
The particular flaws I am talking about are the spotting system, squad spawn (as opposed to the much more teamwork Squad Leader spawn), and brain dead run-kill-die-repeat gameplay. Casual gaming at it's finest.

Hardline fails to create a convincing setting. You may make the argument that the US police force has become more militarized over the years, but Hardline just takes it past Michael-Bay-Stupid to Contrived-And-Unenjoyable-Stupid.
Why? Is Visceral trying to make some kind of deep political statement on police power?
No, they're just too lazy to try and design a real cops and robbers game, and instead copy-and-pasted the BF4 formula over and threw some different skins on it.

2142 offered a convincing setting and modified the gameplay to match that setting. Most of all, it was fun!
Hardline has none of these qualities. It doesn't work.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#67fire2boxPosted 6/16/2014 11:59:45 PM
stupid, if you have/play BF4.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#68Darkking4Posted 6/17/2014 12:46:50 AM
I have bf3, bf4 and i think this game is meh after having playing a few rounds of the beta.
Its not worth full price imo
---
EVGA GTX 760 - i5 750 - G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Antec 300 Illusion- Gigabyte P55A-UD3- Antec Earthwatts 650W- AOC 21.5" 1920x1080
#69CremaciousPosted 6/17/2014 6:42:36 AM
With everyone complaining about Hardline, EA is still going to make a ton of money because everyone will still end up buying it.

If EA let DICE do the multiplayer, dropped single player as a whole, and priced it for $20-$30 as an expansion I would be okay, but $60 for the same thing, but in a different setting? No thanks. I got BF4 for $20 and will just stick with it.
#70it_r_over9000Posted 6/17/2014 7:00:07 AM
I played a few hours yesterday and I have to say I don't like the unlock system or the game modes available. If its really unbalanced the games can end in less than 5 minutes and it becomes incredibly boring. I also don't like the vehicles being susceptible to small arms fire. It makes sense since they are just civilian vehicles with no armor but at the same time being able to shoot down helicopters with pistols is stupid and its so easy to kill vehicles by shooting them with an LMG for a few seconds.

On the plus side though, it was really stable for a beta and didn't really have any problems compared to the BF3/4 betas I have played. I didn't play those betas on PC though so I don't know how this one compares to those. I didn't run into any weird issues like snake men and dead bodies shooting you or falling through the floor.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC| Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]