This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm really beginning to like Origin.

#11reincarnator07Posted 6/16/2014 2:23:08 PM
The only problem with Origin is the company behind it. It's still infinitely better than uPlay.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#12CELTEKKPosted 6/16/2014 3:13:19 PM
Origin is excellent, along with EA.
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
"Get dungeons." - WyzeGye, 2014
#13kobalobasileusPosted 6/16/2014 3:15:50 PM
JohnMafia posted...
I understand why EA/Ubi have their own launchers and it doesn't bother me.

You do? Please, share you insights with the rest of the class.
#14mccue166Posted 6/16/2014 4:58:55 PM
kobalobasileus posted...
JohnMafia posted...

For the same reasons Microsoft shouldn't have a stranglehold on the OS market, Steam shouldn't have a stranglehold on the digital distribution market. It stifles the economy. And it fluffs my feathers the wrong way.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zWg66h
#15TimePharaohPosted 6/16/2014 5:06:50 PM(edited)
mccue166 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
JohnMafia posted...

For the same reasons Microsoft shouldn't have a stranglehold on the OS market, Steam shouldn't have a stranglehold on the digital distribution market. It stifles the economy. And it fluffs my feathers the wrong way.

But you realize that Steam is just a general store....right? That's like complaining about the amazon marketplace.

Meanwhile Origin is SPECIFICALLY EA's store. See the difference? And why should Origin function like it does instead of like GOG?
#16Orestes417Posted 6/16/2014 5:11:49 PM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
mccue166 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
JohnMafia posted...

But you realize that Steam is just a general store....right? That's like complaining about the amazon marketplace.

Meanwhile Origin is SPECIFICALLY EA's store. See the difference?

Actually Origin carries games from at least one other publisher and probably would carry more in the future. Hell EA used to sell hard copies of Valve games before they dropped the physical sales. Not to mention EAs products are sold at virtually every other store on the planet just as Valve's are so there's little compelling reason to bother with the store portion of either program if you don't want to.

As for why they have their own launcher it's simple, why pay a middleman for services you can do in house cheaper? Pissing off powerless internet nerds is very apparently less costly than giving Valve a cut of the profits for doing nothing in particular.

As for summoning me, ***** please. You didn't sacrifice the virgins or prepare the circle properly. And no, technical virgins don't count.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#17TimePharaohPosted 6/16/2014 5:11:03 PM
So, again, why does Origin need to exist?

And no one complains about it as a store, so that's irrelevant, it's the pointless client.
#18rusty12000Posted 6/16/2014 5:25:16 PM
Origin mainly only sells EA games, so it is useless in my eyes.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#19weegee123457Posted 6/16/2014 5:34:32 PM
I hate some of EA's decisions as much as the next guy, but I'll admit their "On the House" deals are really, really cool of them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jq6JX.png
#20steveboblarryPosted 6/16/2014 5:44:14 PM
Orestes417 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
mccue166 posted...
kobalobasileus posted...
JohnMafia posted...

Meanwhile Origin is SPECIFICALLY EA's store. See the difference?

Actually Origin carries games from at least one other publisher and probably would carry more in the future. Hell EA used to sell hard copies of Valve games before they dropped the physical sales. Not to mention EAs products are sold at virtually every other store on the planet just as Valve's are so there's little compelling reason to bother with the store portion of either program if you don't want to.

As for why they have their own launcher it's simple, why pay a middleman for services you can do in house cheaper? Pissing off powerless internet nerds is very apparently less costly than giving Valve a cut of the profits for doing nothing in particular.

As for summoning me, ***** please. You didn't sacrifice the virgins or prepare the circle properly. And no, technical virgins don't count.

Orestes do you work for EA or have some affiliation with them, your posts in regards to EA always seem suspect
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw