This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any RTS games to recommend?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any RTS games to recommend?
2 years ago#11
jokrayz posted...
I see, thanks.

good series anyway.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
2 years ago#12
jokrayz posted...

Turn-based strategy (TBS).

More specifically, a 4X game. Similar games include Galactic Civilization, Fallen Enchantress, and the Age of Wonder series
2 years ago#13
what's a 4X game?
2 years ago#14
thatauthor posted...
what's a 4X game?

Empire building strategy games where you explore (the map), expand (your boarders), exploit (resources) and exterminate (the other competing factions).
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
2 years ago#15
THANKS!
2 years ago#16
I certainly have to get used to CoH..
Love the graphics and scenery and realistic looking combat. the obtaining of funds feels slow right now during skirmish. so i have to get used to it.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
Injustice playersave here (http://jokrayz.blogspot.com/)
2 years ago#17
jokrayz posted...
Love the graphics and scenery and realistic looking combat. the obtaining of funds feels slow right now during skirmish. so i have to get used to it.

One thing about CoH compared to many other RTS games is you have to micromanage yous units closely most the time. It's not a game where you just make a big blob of enemies to steamroll the map. (well, old school Ranger spam not withstanding)

Losing even a single unit early on (vs. successfully retreating them to reinforce) can be disastrous.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
2 years ago#18
Civilization is 4X and turn based strategy. If you're into that, try Total War (Medieval 2 or Shogun 2 are best), Age of Wonders 3, and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
2 years ago#19
-5xad0w- posted...
jokrayz posted...

One thing about CoH compared to many other RTS games is you have to micromanage yous units closely most the time. It's not a game where you just make a big blob of enemies to steamroll the map. (well, old school Ranger spam not withstanding)

Losing even a single unit early on (vs. successfully retreating them to reinforce) can be disastrous.

Yea lol. I realized that right away. making those cannon guys and people, then getting steamrolled and basically can't do squat because funds takes time to roll around.

Definitely a higher skill level then something like CnC.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
Injustice playersave here (http://jokrayz.blogspot.com/)
2 years ago#20
jokrayz posted...

It and Dawn of War have an entirely different mechanic when it comes to resources, so yeah, it takes a little bit of adjustment. The games are an absolute blast tho, and with Dawn of War especially, you'll find that it actually helps you field a pretty big army much faster than some other games. The system is designed to encourage early and frequent combat, as opposed to turtling and massing up a giant army to swarm the enemy.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any RTS games to recommend?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived