This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any RTS games to recommend?

#11thatauthorPosted 6/16/2014 2:17:40 PM
jokrayz posted...
I see, thanks.

good series anyway.
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#12Mudkip57Posted 6/16/2014 2:58:38 PM
jokrayz posted...

Turn-based strategy (TBS).

More specifically, a 4X game. Similar games include Galactic Civilization, Fallen Enchantress, and the Age of Wonder series
#13thatauthorPosted 6/16/2014 3:47:55 PM
what's a 4X game?
---
#14AskeladdPosted 6/16/2014 3:51:58 PM
thatauthor posted...
what's a 4X game?

Empire building strategy games where you explore (the map), expand (your boarders), exploit (resources) and exterminate (the other competing factions).
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#15thatauthorPosted 6/16/2014 4:10:07 PM
THANKS!
---
#16jokrayz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 11:46:45 PM
I certainly have to get used to CoH..
Love the graphics and scenery and realistic looking combat. the obtaining of funds feels slow right now during skirmish. so i have to get used to it.
---
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
Injustice playersave here (http://jokrayz.blogspot.com/)
#17-5xad0w-Posted 6/17/2014 1:05:56 AM
jokrayz posted...
Love the graphics and scenery and realistic looking combat. the obtaining of funds feels slow right now during skirmish. so i have to get used to it.

One thing about CoH compared to many other RTS games is you have to micromanage yous units closely most the time. It's not a game where you just make a big blob of enemies to steamroll the map. (well, old school Ranger spam not withstanding)

Losing even a single unit early on (vs. successfully retreating them to reinforce) can be disastrous.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#18Majoras_pantsPosted 6/17/2014 1:07:45 AM
Civilization is 4X and turn based strategy. If you're into that, try Total War (Medieval 2 or Shogun 2 are best), Age of Wonders 3, and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#19jokrayz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 10:06:07 AM
-5xad0w- posted...
jokrayz posted...

One thing about CoH compared to many other RTS games is you have to micromanage yous units closely most the time. It's not a game where you just make a big blob of enemies to steamroll the map. (well, old school Ranger spam not withstanding)

Losing even a single unit early on (vs. successfully retreating them to reinforce) can be disastrous.

Yea lol. I realized that right away. making those cannon guys and people, then getting steamrolled and basically can't do squat because funds takes time to roll around.

Definitely a higher skill level then something like CnC.
---
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
Injustice playersave here (http://jokrayz.blogspot.com/)
#20KillerTrufflePosted 6/17/2014 10:11:32 AM
jokrayz posted...

It and Dawn of War have an entirely different mechanic when it comes to resources, so yeah, it takes a little bit of adjustment. The games are an absolute blast tho, and with Dawn of War especially, you'll find that it actually helps you field a pretty big army much faster than some other games. The system is designed to encourage early and frequent combat, as opposed to turtling and massing up a giant army to swarm the enemy.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23