This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Devs who resign over a game getting dumbed down...

#21ConkerPosted 6/17/2014 2:28:41 AM
Ningishzida posted...
How did you know Knowles went into Bioware thinking the business wouldn't change direction at some point, can you read his mind?

Again, I'm not saying otherwise and never said anything against this.

Maybe he was a normal person, who enjoyed his time there, kept in mind the possibility that things might change, and then when things did change, simply moved on?

That's great, I never said otherwise.

Everytime you walk out your front door, you don't know what will happen. That doesn't mean when you step in a dog turd on your front lawn, that you were naieve or ignorant just cuz you scrape it from the sole of your shoes.

This is a bad analogy for one, and secondly, I don't know why you think I'm saying anything specifically about Knowles. The post I replied to was about 'some people care about artistic integrity.' I'm simply saying, that doesn't really have much to do with anything when you take a job at a business that's out to make money, so anyone that tries to use that justification in their job is being ignorant (or was when they took the job since they basically sold out right then and there).

Knowles took a JOB in a field he enjoyed and (seemingly) has a passion for that field, but to think he has anymore artistic integrity because he left the job because the business/team disagreed with him is ridiculous in itself. Yes, it's a possibility, but you're making just as much assumption about him as someone saying he quit because he didn't get his way or couldn't adapt to change, etc.

Like I said before, "It (artistic integrity) can't be that important to someone that joins a company that is in business to make money. Thinking you'll get everything your way without being independent, is being naive."

I stand by that. If he wanted "artistic integrity" he'd have never taken that job in the first place and have rather done it on his own so that he could get the games how he wanted them, not how a business did. As you said, people that take jobs with companies have to choose whether they will change with it or move on (and quit). That has NOTHING to do with artistic integrity.

Someone will probably find some way to take offense to this, but saying it's "artistic integrity" to walk away from the job because they don't like the direction it was taking, is similar to saying it's integrity to defect from the military because your commanding officer gives you orders you don't like. Yes, I understand the punishments are obviously different, but the principle is very similar. Just because you have a disagreement in the direction things should go, doesn't mean you have integrity to just up and quit. Now I'm not saying he didn't have good reason, he may have, but just because you leave over a difference doesn't mean it's artistic integrity.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#22Master_BassPosted 6/17/2014 2:37:38 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
You seem to know nothing behind this. MM9 and 10 came out not too long ago. They'll make more soon without a doubt.

Yeah, right. They used to release multiple Mega Man games a year, but we haven't gotten anything since 2010.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#23Ningishzida(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 3:03:15 AM
Conker posted...
Ningishzida posted...
How did you know Knowles went into Bioware thinking the business wouldn't change direction at some point, can you read his mind?

Maybe he was a normal person, who enjoyed his time there, kept in mind the possibility that things might change, and then when things did change, simply moved on?

good then, we're done. cuz I never said anything about "artistic" integrity, that was some other poster. Knowles spearheaded Origins design, Origin design took a turn, the dude said he will leave cuz:

"a highly cinematic, action-leaning RPG was not what I wanted to work on."

not reading the rest of your post, at a glance its just a big boring mess of nonsense that I'd feel dumber for having read .
#24ConkerPosted 6/17/2014 3:08:28 AM(edited)
Ningishzida posted...
Conker posted...
Ningishzida posted...

good then, we're done. cuz I never said anything about "artistic" integrity, that was some other poster.

Yup, we were done before you even responded to me, since I quoted that OTHER POSTER. You changed the subject in response to things I said to someone else, then try to take my words out of context in what I was saying. Fail.

not reading the rest of your post, at a glance its just a big boring mess of nonsense that I'd feel dumber for having read .

I don't think it's possible for you to. Probably stopped reading because it was too much for your brain to comprehend, similar to responding to me in the first place about things I wasn't saying.

Basically, you're arguing with yourself over other things is what you're now admitting. Thanks for acknowledging that I was correct in all that.

Although I will say the difference between "integrity" and "artistic integrity" is pretty minor in relation to this topic. So I still think you're wrong in the assumption that it's because he has integrity for those actions.

---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!