This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia GTX 745?

#11el_Dubble(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 11:40:49 PM
mrtywer posted...
Well, one of the cards is made up (760ti, most likely to help drive sales up) and another is less powerful than an $80 gpu (GTX 745) - Personally? I'd take the R9 270. I have the R7 260x, in my build, and I have zero complaints so far, other than I wish I'd spent more on a more powerful card.

That being said, I'd pick whichever is cheaper, and buy a GTX 770 to replace it - It's less than $400 and far superior to anything on the list you can choose from.

Edit: HOLY SIFT ALIENWARE IS GONNA GOUGE YOUR WALLET WITH THESE PRE-BUILTS.

Take the $825 that the one bundled with the 745 costs, BUILD YOUR OWN.

You will get so much better performance and value than a pre-build Alienware.

Dude ive spent enough time on gfaqs to know Alienware is a rip off.

In it for the financing option --, Hopeless at saving
#12mrtywerPosted 6/16/2014 11:45:01 PM
While the financing can be nice.. I still think you're better off to budget your lifestyle for a couple months, save some cash, and build your own. Or, do like I did (I, also, am bad at saving money) and get a build set up in your mind, then, buy each piece individually and put it all together when the last part comes. It can take a while, and you will go completely insane with anxiety and impatience, but building your own pc is a glorious thing, once you're done.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#13phantasyPosted 6/16/2014 11:51:59 PM
el_Dubble posted...
e ive spent enough time on gfaqs to know Alienware is a rip off.

In it for the financing option --, Hopeless at saving

its even more of a rip off when you have to finance it due to interest. I personally don't see how hard it is to save up, go make a savings account. Once you get a habit of depositing money, your buying impulses will slowly deteriorates.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#14el_Dubble(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2014 11:52:52 PM(edited)
mrtywer posted...
While the financing can be nice.. I still think you're better off to budget your lifestyle for a couple months, save some cash, and build your own. Or, do like I did (I, also, am bad at saving money) and get a build set up in your mind, then, buy each piece individually and put it all together when the last part comes. It can take a while, and you will go completely insane with anxiety and impatience, but building your own pc is a glorious thing, once you're done.

While the advice is appreciated, being bad at saving and even worse with patience isn't a great combo.

I dug around and apparently the 760 Ti is a slightly better rebranded GTX 670, do you have any experience with that card?
#15Unsugarized_FooPosted 6/16/2014 11:58:11 PM
It beats the 760,'so it's good
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#16mrtywerPosted 6/16/2014 11:58:20 PM
el_Dubble posted...
mrtywer posted...

While the advice is appreciated, being bad at saving and even worse with patience isn't a great combo.

I dug around and apparently the 760 Ti is a slightly better rebranded GTX 670, do you have any experience with that card?

Personally, no - The card I had before this R7 was a GeForce 8800GT. Old-ass card.

I agree with phantasy. You're going to end up spending a lot more, especially if you only make minimum payments on your financing. If you make the minimum payments on the lowest-end X51 on that site (the i3) you will end up paying over $1600 after interest, and it'll take you like 6 years to pay it off. NOT worth it.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#17mrtywerPosted 6/17/2014 12:04:10 AM
29.99% Annual Percentage Rate... god that's so harsh.
---
#18el_Dubble(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 2:07:21 AM
mrtywer posted...
el_Dubble posted...
mrtywer posted...

Personally, no - The card I had before this R7 was a GeForce 8800GT. Old-ass card.

I agree with phantasy. You're going to end up spending a lot more, especially if you only make minimum payments on your financing. If you make the minimum payments on the lowest-end X51 on that site (the i3) you will end up paying over $1600 after interest, and it'll take you like 6 years to pay it off. NOT worth it.

I didnt really feel like explaining everything, im going to a local store that have a contract to sell Alienware stuff, im financing through them and really dont have to pay much excess.

And i've chosen to just bump up to the Aurora with the GTX 770.
Thanks for all the input.
#19Master_BassPosted 6/17/2014 2:31:08 AM
mrtywer posted...

Ouch. The only way it would be a decent deal is if they didn't charge you interest if you paid it off in a certain amount of time.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#20SinisterSlayPosted 6/17/2014 6:18:03 AM
Master_Bass posted...
mrtywer posted...

Ouch. The only way it would be a decent deal is if they didn't charge you interest if you paid it off in a certain amount of time.

Wow... that's loan sharking already.

Better off getting a loan at a bank, you can get those at 7% apr.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence