This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RTS that are slow paced and great for singleplayer

#11ScroePosted 6/19/2014 8:07:08 AM
crawdad posted...
Heroes of Might and Magic count?

That's so slow paced it will seem like the other teams are standing still
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#12crawdadPosted 6/19/2014 8:08:03 AM
Scroe posted...
crawdad posted...

That's so slow paced it will seem like the other teams are standing still

So, yes?
---
"it was a slow go" - gmo7897. I'm an expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#13kelemvorPosted 6/19/2014 8:08:39 AM
crawdad posted...

He didn't want turn based strategy, but HoMM3 should be on every PC gamers hard drive anyway.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#14Worknofun370Posted 6/19/2014 8:08:59 AM
The settlers series was always pretty slow paced when I played it. Haven't played it in awhile though so no clue how good/bad the current version is.
#15TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 8:12:43 AM
kelemvor posted...
crawdad posted...

He didn't want turn based strategy, but HoMM3 should be on every PC gamers hard drive anyway.

Been playing TBS and yes HoMM3 is basically why I joined GOG and I love that game. Majesty 2 was kind of cool but as I have stated, I kind of don't want to play anything related to ardania as I could not take it seriously and I will pick majesty gold over it any day of the week.

IWorknofun370 posted...
The settlers series was always pretty slow paced when I played it. Haven't played it in awhile though so no clue how good/bad the current version is.

I had 7 sitting on my Uplay account but I guess I would not be able to play it as Ubi would never enable offline play with that. I would really regret not getting that settlers bundle from GOG if you are going to tell me that it is a really great game!
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#16Worknofun370Posted 6/19/2014 8:16:12 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
I would really regret not getting that settlers bundle from GOG if you are going to tell me that it is a really great game!

haha, well I haven't played any since Settlers Heritage of Kings (Settlers 5 pretty much). I did enjoy it, but it certainly had it's issues and is a very very slow paced game and didn't involve a ton of strategy.
#17Worknofun370Posted 6/19/2014 8:23:57 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
I would really regret not getting that settlers bundle from GOG if you are going to tell me that it is a really great game!

haha, well I haven't played any since Settlers Heritage of Kings (Settlers 5 pretty much). I did enjoy it, but it certainly had it's issues and is a very very slow paced game and didn't involve a ton of strategy.

However, looking at Settlers 7 and reading some reviews... I kind want to get it. I couldn't care less about the DRM so I probably will.
#18That1GuyyPosted 6/19/2014 8:33:57 AM
If you don't mind real time tactics (no base building, fewer units than RTS) there's Dawn of War 2.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#19WygunPosted 6/19/2014 8:44:24 AM
Anno 2070.
#20oddball7465Posted 6/19/2014 9:05:38 AM
Anno series are fun.
What about the Total War series? Have you looked into it? I know its only half RTS and other half turn-based. But you get to manage your cities and politics at your own pace. Then when the battles take place, you can easily control the speed in which they go.
---
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of something that is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope.